Derby County v Doncaster Rovers

sage

Scoring three goals (could have been 4) without playing well, I'll take that.

Could have been an awful lot more than 4. Missed penalty, Ward hitting the post when it was easier to score, Ward smashing a cross just in front of Martin, Wisdom just failing to find Russell unmarked on the 6 yard box, Keane powering a header wide when it looked easier to score, couple of cut-backs scraped away by the last defender, superb save by their keeper from Ward which fell awkwardly to Dawkins, their keeper colliding with the defender and the ball dropping behind Martin - that's just the ones that are really clear in my mind. There may have been others.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we were pretty poor today, definitely missed Keogh when he went off. Saying that, playing poor and scoring 3 is always good, Dawkins was pretty non-existent for long periods of time and Martin never really got into the game that well.

And the ref was dire, and look a lot like Howard Webb

Overall a good win still!

I'm quite surprised Donny are in such dire form. Even after the third goal, their heads didn't drop and they kept going at it.

They came to Pride Park with no fear and on another day, with a bit of luck, they could have come home with something.

Hope they stay up.

I think that's harsh. Ward was at full stretch and off balance. I think he did well to get there.

Perhaps it is harsh - but I seriously expected him to put it away. Overall he was very good and very direct.

Thought we were pretty poor today, definitely missed Keogh when he went off. Saying that, playing poor and scoring 3 is always good, Dawkins was pretty non-existent for long periods of time and Martin never really got into the game that well.

And the ref was dire, and look a lot like Howard Webb

Overall a good win still!

Martin never really got into the game and made 3 assists?

Player!

We didn't play well but still scored 3 and could have easily have been more. That's a pretty good sign. There winger was the best player on the pitch today and Forsyth struggled against him. The defence looked a little shacky but grant for me is still a problem, he doesn't command his box and he never will, poom would have claimed the ball bucko headed in. (I know we will struggle to find a top class keeper like poom was)

The sign of a top team is they win week after week which we are doing.

An indifferent performance today. Made good chances going forward, defense looked solid in the first half, but were clearly rattled in the second. Don't think Eustace had his greatest game and the back four didn't get a great deal of protection.

Their right winger, Duffy, terrorized Forsyth. Pretty disappointing that they didn't pick up on him cutting back inside EVERY time. More disappointing that given he was just about their only decent player than no one took the initiative to kick him into row Z at the earliest opportunity.

Thought Martin was superb tbh - he's a fantastic target man.

Dawkins was quiet in the first half, but his goal in the second was a great run and finish. Thought he might have overrun it but then he dinked in into the corner.

Thought Keane looked alright when he came on, and whilst individually the back four played alright, the loss of Keogh clearly destabilized things.

Having said the back four played alright, Wisdom had probably his worst game so far.

Bryson was immense, chipping in with another goal. Basically, the same old story there.....

End of the day, didn't play particularly well, still won 3-1, missed a penno, hit the post and had one cleared off the line. Thank goodness Donny didn't catch us on a 'good' day.....

Edit: Forgot to say - the referee, what an absolute c**t. The one where we had two players taken out within seconds of each other yet neither was a foul, was a particular low-light. C**t.

Archived