Derby County v Doncaster Rovers

sage

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a non football note.

What the feck was that constant, piercing whistling sound coming from across the river on the walk back to town from the match? It was pretty eerie, I thought.

it was, actually Ralph, an empty ballast train being taken into the sidings behind Costco. I think a brake was stuck on, hence the high pitched screeching.

Happy to help. ;)

it was, actually Ralph, an empty ballast train being taken into the sidings behind Costco. I think a brake was stuck on, hence the high pitched screeching.

Happy to help. ;)

So it wasn't Tom Glick regretting leaving us after seeing todays game ?

Twas a weird, yet entertaining game with chances falling to both teams. Wisdom had an unusual weak performance, the absence of keogh resulted in a shakey defence. Yet the lads pulled through

There was one huge difference between the sides, and that was the quality of chances engineered. Donny manufactured 2 decent ones, one which Theo put into the side netting and one which Grant saved very well. All the other efforts on goal (apart from the own goal, of course) were speculative long-range efforts.

Derby, on the other hand, carved out at least a dozen clear-cut chances well inside the area.

If we ever put it all together, someone's going to cop a calculator full.

Happy to help. ;)

Trust you to know ......

Martin was superb to say he wasn't 100% fit, shame about the pen but did his job well.

Overall, although we weren't at our best (Donny deserve credit for the way they played), it's fantastic how easily we create good chances. Neat and patient football in and around the opposition box, combined with really clever runs make us so hard to defend against.

Oh, and sign Dawkins up!

The previous manager deserves some credit for finding martin and giving him the opportunity.

He had the balls to select a freebie in preference to a £1m major signing and build the team around him.

Archived