What will he be remembered positively for?

Mostyn6

Nigel Clough - the positives.  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point is a lot of the options in the poll are combined for me, into one. He stabilised the club and then progressed and built an incredibly strong squad; and that's what I'll remember him for. :)

BUT THE DEFENCE WAS NOT STRONG ALTHOUGH OF LATE Buxton  and Keogh have been very good 

Hence since Clough left we have  brought in Wisdom who has made a massive difference and CB back cover in Keane and Whitbread  .

The attack has been bolstered by the brilliant Dawkins  and Cisse covered brilliantly for Eustace when he was suspended.

Plus we are playing better tactical football from the back and defending set pieces better.

In short the teams mindset  is better and they are set up tactically better .

PS The whole philosophy of the club has changed.

I think that he did the most difficult part really well, finding players from a lower standard who were capable of making the step up whilst gelling in with the team etc. Where he failed was in what should be the easiest part for a coach - him (or his team of coaches) actually teaching those players to become better players within a team setup.

BUT THE DEFENCE WAS NOT STRONG ALTHOUGH OF LATE Buxton  and Keogh have been very good 

Hence since Clough left we have  brought in Wisdom who has made a massive difference and CB back cover in Keane and Whitbread  .

The attack has been bolstered by the brilliant Dawkins  and Cisse covered brilliantly for Eustace when he was suspended.

Plus we are playing better tactical football from the back and defending set pieces better.

In short the teams mindset  is better and they are set up tactically better .

PS The whole philosophy of the club has changed.

I'm not saying the team was perfect, all I'm saying is he was the one who laid the foundations, for which McClaren will now (hopefully) reap the rewards of.

I'm not saying the team was perfect, all I'm saying is he was the one who laid the foundations, for which McClaren will now (hopefully) reap the rewards of.

I agree with that and it now looks like Nigel will have a harder job  at Sheff U .

But hes good at that !

Archived