Derby County v Blackpool

sage

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do realise that people would be slaughtering Sammon because his job is to SCORE goals? Dawkins job is to create problems and goals, and he has created plenty. He created numerous chances yesterday and two goals minimum were directly from him.

I would say it was his job to score as well. And I am sure if you ask him, he would be disappointed that he hasn't scored at home yet. I know if I had the chances he has had and I hadn't scored any of them I would be hugely disappointed. You say 2 goals minimum were directly related to what he did, I would say you are right, in fact 3 goals were down to Dawkins. Martin's second, he did well to intercept the bad header back to the keeper but why did he try and take the keeper on? He should have scored, luckily the ball bounced in to Martin's path. The second penalty, that he won, he had made a good run (great ball by Russell) he was through on goal but a poor touch took him away from goal but he still had chance to square it to Martin for a tap in but took it too far and luckily the Blackpool defender got his challenge completely wrong. He also played the ball to Wisdom to cut back for Bryson to score. But the ball to Wisdom, if it had been any other player that was receiving that pass would not have got it, it was mainly down to Wisdom's strength. Great idea and almost a perfect ball.

But like I said, he hasn't impressed me so far. I don't thiink he is bad player just not up to the hype people have of him.

I would say it was his job to score as well. And I am sure if you ask him, he would be disappointed that he hasn't scored at home yet. I know if I had the chances he has had and I hadn't scored any of them I would be hugely disappointed. You say 2 goals minimum were directly related to what he did, I would say you are right, in fact 3 goals were down to Dawkins. Martin's second, he did well to intercept the bad header back to the keeper but why did he try and take the keeper on? He should have scored, luckily the ball bounced in to Martin's path. The second penalty, that he won, he had made a good run (great ball by Russell) he was through on goal but a poor touch took him away from goal but he still had chance to square it to Martin for a tap in but took it too far and luckily the Blackpool defender got his challenge completely wrong. He also played the ball to Wisdom to cut back for Bryson to score. But the ball to Wisdom, if it had been any other player that was receiving that pass would not have got it, it was mainly down to Wisdom's strength. Great idea and almost a perfect ball.

But like I said, he hasn't impressed me so far. I don't thiink he is bad player just not up to the hype people have of him.

WOW, I'd give up on Soccer if I was you. She'll be an unfulfilling mistress if players like Dawkins cannot impress you.

WOW, I'd give up on Soccer if I was you. She'll be an unfulfilling mistress if players like Dawkins cannot impress you.

I'm sorry that I have a different opinion than most, but surely you, of all people, should know that doesn't mean the majority are right.

Misunderstood your comment there. Just ignore me while I'm in idiot mode - especially quoting myself instead of editing. Blame the Belgian beer

Hahaha no worries eddie. Although I read the atlrticle before you edited it and posted this and was slightly confused. :lol:

I'm sorry that I have a different opinion than most, but surely you, of all people, should know that doesn't mean the majority are right.

You have a different opinion to me, so I'm afraid in this case it does.

:p

Delighted with the result, gave we some money!

Positive sides of game have already been dicussed, so ain't it time for some refreshing wristslashing?

1. Marking in their goal was simply horrible.

2. Dobbie could run circles around Eustace with the ball. He was awesome when we had ball though so almost whole game.

3. Forsyth is another one. Great when we were having ball, but is still in serious trouble when defending. Not because lack of speed but positional wise. Dawkins makes his game lot easier than Ward though, making lots of room for him to support attacks.

4. We got lucky in our three first goals. You could say we made our luck, but if it could've been lot worse.

5. How can hattrick hero be a disgrace at same time?

I know it doesn't mean anything. I do however wonder what your criteria is. Did Hughes impress you yesterday? Did Bryson? Did Keogh? Every single player made at least one mistake yesterday, whether it was a misplaced pass, off-target shot or being caught in possession. I am just struggling to see how you can single out Dawkins for "not impressed" treatment when his percentage of things done properly will be up there with everyone else's!

I know it doesn't mean anything. I do however wonder what your criteria is. Did Hughes impress you yesterday? Did Bryson? Did Keogh? Every single player made at least one mistake yesterday, whether it was a misplaced pass, off-target shot or being caught in possession. I am just struggling to see how you can single out Dawkins for "not impressed" treatment when his percentage of things done properly will be up there with everyone else's!

It is in general that he hasn't impressed me. Like I have said, his misses/wrong choices, haven't cost us anything as of yet, and hopefully it won't come to that.

rynny, have you changed your mind on Dawkins yet?

Please do before we waste any more internet. Or just tell us that you have so that we can move on and pointlessly debate about something else.

Don't be so ignorant. If you're not interested in the debate, go and read something else. As it happens, I am trying to understand what Rynny is seeing differently to me. 

Don't be so ignorant. If you're not interested in the debate, go and read something else. As it happens, I am trying to understand what Rynny is seeing differently to me. 

I know you are, but I've read enough to know what he's seen differently to me.

If rynny is going to see Dawkins the way we do, it will be done with a display on the pitch rather than words in this thread.

Edit: a display on the pitch from Dawkins, not you.

I know you are, but I've read enough to know what he's seen differently to me.

If rynny is going to see Dawkins the way we do, it will be done with a display on the pitch rather than words in this thread.

Edit: a display on the pitch from Dawkins, not you.

Well don't read anymore then! "Jog on" as the youths say...

It is in general that he hasn't impressed me. Like I have said, his misses/wrong choices, haven't cost us anything as of yet, and hopefully it won't come to that.

So my question about the other players I listed? How did he compare yesterday? did they impress you more? is there a single Derby player that does impress you?

Archived