FA Cup 3rd round draw

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait for this! Shame it won't be a Saturday 3pm kick off, best game to put on TV after Arsenal v Spurs, make our debut on BT Sport!

If it gets moved for tv, that will be a bit of extra bunce to add to the January kitty to buy Dawkins.... and it will be interesting for the lads to pit their skills against some Prem boys, i see it as a win-win game, if we win, we'll be buzzing, if we lose, we can get back to promotion....

Anything can happen in the cup, if we're still on a decent run and they're stull struggling I see this as a winnable fixture.

I think Mac will have the lads up for the game, they'll want to test their skills against a top side and as long as we go for it, I don't think we have much to lose.

The league is the most important thing but a cup run can help to keep people on top of their game.

It'll be nice to have a top side back in Derby, it feels like a while since we've had one of the big boys to contend with.

Heady days Private, when  were they taken ?  I remember going to Stamford Bridge in 1968 league cup game 0-0, and watching where they set fire to the coach we were supposed to come home in, it was there i saw that the ringleaders wore sheepskin coats, guess who wanted one ....  no money, so it remained a want  :blink:    i was an impressionable youth back then....

P.s. we won the replay at The Baseball ground 3-1  :D

We should reconstruct this for them.

That was the cup match v Chelsea (83),when Mike Waterston (?) was chairman. He'd banned Chelsea fans from coming because of the recent seat smashing by them in a league match. The only Chelsea fans who turned up were about 500 hardened football hooligans who the police decided would be better off in the ground!

Unreal atmosphere that night. I was stopped several times walking to the ground from the station by gangs of Derby searching out Chelsea fans. It was like a war zone. Don't recall anything major kicking off due to the excessive police presence but was a strange night, even by the Baseball Ground standards.

Heady days Private, when  were they taken ? 

Utch's got it covered...

That was the cup match v Chelsea (83),when Mike Waterston (?) was chairman. He'd banned Chelsea fans from coming because of the recent seat smashing by them in a league match. The only Chelsea fans who turned up were about 500 hardened football hooligans who the police decided would be better off in the ground!

Unreal atmosphere that night. I was stopped several times walking to the ground from the station by gangs of Derby searching out Chelsea fans. It was like a war zone. Don't recall anything major kicking off due to the excessive police presence but was a strange night, even by the Baseball Ground standards.

Oh, great pics btw PD, seeing the packed Popside brings back so many memories......any more to share mate?

I'm hoping to get hold of a few good VG and BBG albums before they're all binned. Some really good/nasty photographs in them, there's one in particular i'm after where about a dozen Stokies have got 3 Derby lads running down the track at Longport.

I have heard that our game has been switched to 2pm Sunday but can't see any official confirmation, has anybody else heard anything?

I saw John Vicars tweeted last night saying nothing final and all the rumours are just that.

We should reconstruct this for them.

I'm not sure if it was that night or one a couple of years earlier? But I was in the Pop Side and 30 of them pretty much cleared it. The only two Derby fans that remained were in RR overalls. Bedlam afterwards as a lot of the older Pop siders went looking for revenge. "We're going Chelsea bashing" was the chant.

Archived