FA Cup 3rd round draw

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chelsea being knocked out of the League Cup last night probably means a strong team for the FA Cup. Their only chance of silverware this season now.

The only question is, will we play our reserves or take no chances and send the boys out to sort it?

Surely Martin will want to add to his tally?

• 2 weeks later...

Southampton 0 Chelsea 3. Rams unbeaten run comes to an end against FA Cup winners Wigan, can they bounce straight back against Chelsea?

Wouldn't even try. Put the reserves/youngsters out. Most of our lot sounded knackered today. Give them a rest for the Cup game. League matters, Cup doesn't. IMO.

I agree with Staffs, today was a wake up call, we sounded tired, and for me the cup is a distraction, we're 8 pts above Ipswich/Brighton, in 6/7th,  and thats what we should try to maintain, we have more chance of going to Wembley that way than the FA cup ! Eyes on the prize Mac !

The team are tired, the team are tired.

Tired my arse. Every teams in the same boat, same amount of pressure, same number of matches.

Go that extra mile! He who dares...

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not this is not just another cup game.

This is Chelsea and their world class players. It's Jose Mourinho as well.

This is the biggest game of some our lads career to date, playing against players they've only ever seen on television. You surely can't want McClaren to leave them out cos they look tired.

Its a massive occasion and a great opportunity for players to test themselves against some of the worlds finest.

Surely the same lads who have got us into this excellent league position deserve to play?

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not this is not just another cup game.

This is Chelsea and their world class players. It's Jose Mourinho as well.

This is the biggest game of some our lads career to date, playing against players they've only ever seen on television. You surely can't want McClaren to leave them out cos they look tired.

Its a massive occasion and a great opportunity for players to test themselves against some of the worlds finest.

Surely the same lads who have got us into this excellent league position deserve to play?

Totally fair comment. Agree entirely.

Gotta go for it, our squad isn't big enough for wholesale changes anyway and the lads that have done well deserve the change to pit themselves against a top side.

I'd like to see us go at them, press high up the pitch and look to get on the ball. We have the ability to challenge, so let's just go for it. Win/win game for me.

Archived