FA Cup 3rd round draw

North_Stand_Ram

I don't want to be the wrist-slasher, but I honestly think that things are almost going too well to be true. I am fearing anything ruining our momentum and upward gradient. A crushing Chelsea defeat, who admittedly are many levels above most Premier League teams, let alone level upon level above us, could derail our really good level of confidence.

Chelsea rarely crush teams, it'll be a great one off game, absolutely nowt to lose for us. All the pressure is on Mourinho. We should just relax, enjoy the occasion and abuse the cockney feckers as much as possible.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You missed the second I in IdIotIc. Good effort though, old spice.

Indeed I did - and I noticed it just after the 'Edit Post' threshold had passed.

:angry:

I don't want to be the wrist-slasher, but I honestly think that things are almost going too well to be true. I am fearing anything ruining our momentum and upward gradient. A crushing Chelsea defeat, who admittedly are many levels above most Premier League teams, let alone level upon level above us, could derail our really good level of confidence.

I get what you're saying but we'd face similar problems if we had to play nobodies and didnt crush them

Or if we had to drag ourselves through a boring fixture against an equal opponent in an empty ground.

Potentially energy sapping and ruin the excitement.

Chelsea will get us buzzing. A heavy defeat might ruin momentum but there's a chance it will ground us or maybe be ignored entirely.

A win could put us on a perch to be knocked off or it could be an absoloute spring board and a huge confidence booster.

The FA Cup is a distraction no matter what. Even winning it can be a (welcome) problem when you have a small squad to go into Europe with.

I just hope they put in some big names.

Imagine Jose will be annoyed with this as he won't be able to take us for granted and will have to play a first few teamers. Won't quite be as intimating as a packed, tight BBG but if we pick up wins throughout Christmas PP will be rocking like it was in the late 90s. It's not a game they'll be relishing, I'd imagine.

I expect we'll get beaten but just want to see us go right at them from start to finish.

BUT - get through and we should be going for it. There are a few all PL ties so some big boys will be knocked out. Bradford have shown that you don't need to be a top team to reach a final.

I get what you're saying but we'd face similar problems if we had to play nobodies and didnt crush them

Or if we had to drag ourselves through a boring fixture against an equal opponent in an empty ground.

Potentially energy sapping and ruin the excitement.

Chelsea will get us buzzing. A heavy defeat might ruin momentum but there's a chance it will ground us or maybe be ignored entirely.

A win could put us on a perch to be knocked off or it could be an absoloute spring board and a huge confidence booster.

The FA Cup is a distraction no matter what. Even winning it can be a (welcome) problem when you have a small squad to go into Europe with.

I just hope they put in some big names.

They'll play the reserves - Lampard, Terry, Cahill, Ba etc

Archived