Wigan Athletic v Derby County

sage

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Forsyth was excellent today! Grant much improved made two wonder saves! Main thing for me was we held very well against a lot of pressure and we didn't fall apart well done derby great atmosphere too!!

Thought Forsyth was excellent today! Grant much improved made two wonder saves! Main thing for me was we held very well against a lot of pressure and we didn't fall apart well done derby great atmosphere too!!

Yeah, Forsyth made a couple of last ditch tackles to keep em out.

Weird, haven't come back from a game remembering much about what happened for ages. Great game of football from both sides really, you can tell they've got a bit of quality about them, just seemed to be lacking with the final ball.

Good sign that, even though I thought Wigan played quite well in both halves, we still came out 1-3 winners.

Absolutely made up with the lads, proud and excited to be a Ram, that's a great win at Wigan. They'd won 3 and drawn 1 of their post Europa League games so far btw.

I opened a bottle of decent red in tension with 10 minutes to go, and am descending inexorably and happily into drunkenness.

My missus fetched a dozen bottles from Majestic yesterday and I'm not at work tomorrow. :)

Stand by for increasingly random and over optimistic utterances, fair chance of incoherent babble by the time MOTD comes on.

Absolutely made up with the lads, proud and excited to be a Ram, that's a great win at Wigan. They'd won 3 and drawn 1 of their post Europa League games so far btw.

I opened a bottle of decent red in tension with 10 minutes to go, and am descending inexorably and happily into drunkenness.

My missus fetched a dozen bottles from Majestic yesterday and I'm not at work tomorrow. :)

Stand by for increasingly random and over optimistic utterances, fair chance of incoherent babble by the time MOTD comes on.

Can you hear the needles sing?

Noooo

Nooo

Can you hear the needles sing?

I can't hear a fookin thing

Woooooaaaaah ssshhhh AAAAAAAAAHHHH

EIEIEIO

Down the bottle of red I go,

when it gets to empty,

this is what I'll do,

get another ****** out and reach for the corkscrew.

Aaaaaahh.

Ok here goes, I've not read through any posts yet but he's what I made of it.

******* QUALITY.

Just an incredible day, i'm always the first to criticise the atmosphere of our fans but today it was special. Some of the chants were hilarious, the You ***** one was my favourite.

Anyways on to the game, the first half was perfection, nothing went wrong. Dawkins and Wisdom in particular were sublime. Have to say the penalty looked very soft from our end though, but who cares. 

First 25 mins of the second half we were average and looked shook up after they scored but Granty made 2 or 3 world class saves to keep us ahead and then we took control again.

Great to see Hendrick back and there was a couple of decent moments from Bennett, although he needs to learn that booting the ball 15 yards ahead then trying to outpace the defender will not always work now he is up against big boys.

It would have been great if we'd scored in front of the Derby end, but it wasn't to be.

Dawkins was my motm just because of his first half performance, we've got to get him on a permanent deal.

And finally, does anyone have any footage??

Was anyone stood near the back where the Derby fan jumped on the huge steward as we scored the second? :lol:

He wouldn't let him go and they both fell over, the other stewards and police at the back of the stand did nothing and were just laughing.

The steward himself was smiling and took it well to be fair to him.

Archived