Wigan Athletic v Derby County

sage

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A really tricky 1 this. They might be knackered from their Europa league game Thursday which will help us and our fast paced game.

I'm going for a 1-2 Derby win. Dawkins FGS with Russell to get a second. Holt with a late reply for them.

Top 6 and promotion here we come :)

I think their game Thursday night won't help them either! Not seen them this year but I'd imagine they'll still be a footballing side as have mostly that kind of player. Grant holt has been added and may have made them more direct. Powell from man united is a danger though.

We play well against footballing teams usually. It's organised sides we struggle with ie burnley, reading, Leicester.

2-0 derby and ward and Russell to score the goals. Russell looked very sharp on Saturday!

I think their game Thursday night won't help them either! Not seen them this year but I'd imagine they'll still be a footballing side as have mostly that kind of player. Grant holt has been added and may have made them more direct. Powell from man united is a danger though.

We play well against footballing teams usually. It's organised sides we struggle with ie burnley, reading, Leicester.

2-0 derby and ward and Russell to score the goals. Russell looked very sharp on Saturday!

Yep they have a match on Thursday night. We should go there and take it to them. 

I'm going to say 1-2 derby Martin

Keogh

Confident as they have a game Thursday night! Shame it's not an away game but still

Same with the return fixture down here. They have a very busy schedule. They have two more games than us between the two fixtures. We have 6 and they have 8. 6 during that period is already a very condensed fixture schedule. Not to mention the fact that in the middle of that they have to go all the way to Slovenia to play a match. Both matches have got to be must wins and couldn't have come at a better time for us. 

Both matches have got to be must wins and couldn't have come at a better time for us.

I don't think we can say they are must win as even a point would be a good result away against a team who came down only last season and beat mega bucks city in the fa cup. Saying that I would be disappointed if we were to lose both games, or even the home game. Hopefully the boys bring home the bacon Sunday afternoon!

Archived