Wigan Athletic v Derby County

sage

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen on another thread that Derby took 2360. I was there it looked, felt and sounded more!

D'ya reckon? Sounded more but I thought it looked like we had far less!

Was well impressed yesterday, don't think we were actually that fantastic but we did what we needed to and were far too good for them. And that's what impressed me - winning fairly easily.

The standout performance IMO was Bryson - he was absolutely unbelieveable, one of the best individual performances I've seen for ages. He was all over the pitch - I haven't seen anyone with natural fitness like his.

Could be the game that makes the leaders sit up and take notice of us. I thought a draw would have been a decent result but to roll them over in the manner that we did, and restrict them to 20 minutes of pressure shows we mean business in the top six.

Great noise from our support, shame the usual crowd took it upon themselves to spend 15 minutes supporting Coyle's sacking rather than their own team but was generally impressed.

Could be the game that makes the leaders sit up and take notice of us. I thought a draw would have been a decent result but to roll them over in the manner that we did, and restrict them to 20 minutes of pressure shows we mean business in the top six.

This sentence sums up the significance of the result for me, too. No better way to announce your arrival in the top 6 by virtue of a 3-1 away win.

To be honest, I can't really see us getting that much worse away from home - and we've got to improve at the iPride. But I'm sure we will - two wins at home doesn't really do our season justice.

Nobody wants us as their guests at the moment, and despite our home form, I doubt anyone fancies a trip to Derby either. A team in 5th with just two home wins? If I saw any other team in that position, I'd be expecting them to dish out a decent tonking at home very soon. 

Loved every second of yesterday.

Big, big positives for me were Byrson, Grant and Dawkin's first half performance. They in all honestly probably could have got a point with the amount of chances they had in the second half. I feel the this thread would have been a lot different if the freekick went in right at the end of the first half.

Numbers were poor but the noise was very good yesterday. The 'Oh when the Ram's' at the end was mint though Dale cavesa still goes on far too long.

Big, big positives for me were Byrson, Grant and Dawkin's first half performance. They in all honestly probably could have got a point with the amount of chances they had in the second half. I feel the this thread would have been a lot different if the freekick went in right at the end of the first half.

Numbers were poor but the noise was very good yesterday. The 'Oh when the Ram's' at the end was mint though Dale cavesa still goes on far too long.

I also thought Russell did well. Defended very well and was tireless in running up front. Congrats to Bucko who must have thought he would have been on the bench. He never gave their strikers a sniff

You seem to moan an awful lot about the chants and songs, Badlands.

Why don't you start some?

Yeah very true, as for the singing, anyone else think it might have fell apart in the second half if our lot hadn't got louder? I thought our midfield definitely picked up once we shut that fooking Wigan drummer up and that 'who haaa' thing they were doing. Our drummer was far far far more superior  :lol:

Yeah very true, as for the singing, anyone else think it might have fell apart in the second half if our lot hadn't got louder? I thought our midfield definitely picked up once we shut that fooking Wigan drummer up and that 'who haaa' thing they were doing. Our drummer was far far far more superior  :lol:

Yeh that song they were doing was beyond awful but it coincided with their best spell of the game.

Thought the introduction of Espinoza (sp ?) had our midfield on the back foot for 20 minutes of the second half. He was rivaling Bryson in the sheer workrate stakes. 

Martin was brilliant yesterday, drawing fouls is his game. Perfect target man for a side like us, flick ons isn't his game but it's not ours.. Bringing the ball down on his chest and with his side foot really helps is bring our wingers and Bryson and Hughes into the game and creates triangles. Our passing and one touch football in the first half was the best I've seen in years and years. Class

Archived