Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

sage

.....and who once again couldn't observe a minutes silence.

Scum.

To be fair, the majority of Wendies fans did observe it, the problem was fans coming up from the concourse, not knowing what was happening. This was made worse by the furious reaction of those Wendies annoyed by their own fans.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, the majority of Wendies fans did observe it, the problem was fans coming up from the concourse, not knowing what was happening. This was made worse by the furious reaction of those Wendies annoyed by their own fans.

Strangely....only a problem in their part of the ground.

Sissy was excellent, and so was Dawkins. Two players I labelled as '****' when they arrived. I think i'm probably wrong for a change.

Everyone else played very well, though it will probably be the easiest game we play all season.

Have to give Wednesday fans credit, how do they take so many fans to every away game when their team is unbelievably shocking?? It will be a miracle if they stay up.

The most annoying thing now is this pointless international break. No one gives a fook about England anymore.

Rush out.

10 is a very good return to say we had 2 tough away games in QPR and Watford..

I can't help feel we definitely dropped 2 points against Brum but those 3 at Watford made up for it..

We actually look like top 6 challengers now.. The first time since 2006/07

U need a cold shower bris!

Grant - 7. Didn't have out' to do, but better at commanding his box. Better

Wisdom - 8. This lad is purr class, shouldn't be playing in this league, best defender at derby since Powell or stimac?

Keogh - 7. Did what he had to do, win majority in the air, much improved

Buxton - 8. Same as Keogh but scored a bullet of a header

Forsyth - 7. Much better from the lad against a very capable winger in Antonio. Great ball for the 2nd

Cisse - 9, motm. Immense, absolute brute in the midfield, didn't put a foot wrong in the whole 90. Our midfield options are fantastic

Bryson - 8. Classy again, as always. We'll do well to keep hold of him

Hughes - 8. Same as Bryson, glad he's adding goals to his game.

Dawkins - 8. Improves game on game, but can't shoot for *****. Could be a very shrewd signing.

Martin - 7. Good hold up play and linked very well with bryson, also used his strength a lot more.

Wardy - 8. His best performance of the season. 2 assists, glad he's finally whipping in his corners, and glad he's starting to take on his man again. Loved his cheeky shush towards the wendies n'all

Really enjoyed that. Cisse was a colossus, Hughes looked accomplished, Ward was all the things that make the very best of Jamie Ward. Wednesday were awful though.

I'd have Russell back in for Dawkins, but not sure I'd change much else with everyone fit. Even Eustace and Hendrick might struggle to start, for me.

Most pleasing of all, though, was the way the defence was so calm and confident. Keogh brought the ball out for 20-30 yards on a couple of occasions, which can completely change the momentum of the game. He's no Mark Wright or Igor, don't get me wrong, but the point is that someone has told him to do that. There is evidence that the squad is being coached to play football in a particular way. And it's the sort of football that I like. Whether I like it enough to make the trek to Bournemouth is another matter....

Really enjoyed that. Cisse was a colossus, Hughes looked accomplished, Ward was all the things that make the very best of Jamie Ward. Wednesday were awful though.

I'd have Russell back in for Dawkins, but not sure I'd change much else with everyone fit. Even Eustace and Hendrick might struggle to start, for me.

Most pleasing of all, though, was the way the defence was so calm and confident. Keogh brought the ball out for 20-30 yards on a couple of occasions, which can completely change the momentum of the game. He's no Mark Wright or Igor, don't get me wrong, but the point is that someone has told him to do that. There is evidence that the squad is being coached to play football in a particular way. And it's the sort of football that I like. Whether I like it enough to make the trek to Bournemouth is another matter....

harsh on Dawkins getting better every game tbf

We didn't give them any time on the ball, as poor as they were it was partly down to us closing down their options when they were in possession -  Wisdom and Cisse in particular always seemed to know where to stand to cut their players off from one another and intercept the pass, that's one thing we've been missing and something that's been highlighted by the coaching staff in interviews: clear organisation off the ball.

Great performance all round today! Although Wednesday were dire!

Last week we were not our selves, disjointed, and mostly average at QPR, but u could say they (barton/fuarlin mainly) made us look that, Wendy havnt lost in 6 and last week battered Reading.... we played really well and made them look very average....

In most dept's we have impoved under Mac, and i think we will get even better  :wub:

very impressive performance against a very poor wednesday team

cant wait for next season when the ss will stay together, with away fans in the south east corner, really kills the atmosphere splitting us up

also very sad to hear chanting during the silence

anyway, ratings:

grant - 7 - finally commanding his area

wisdom - 8 - quality

keogh - 7 - solid, didnt have alot to do

bucko - 8.5 - very commanding, great header, impressive distribution

forsyth - 7 - best game in a derby shirt for me although didnt have alot to do

cisse - 7.5 - didnt put a foot wrong, sign him up

hughes - 8 - good performance and goal, improvement on recent weeks

bryson - 8 - typical bryson

ward - 8 - back to his best

dawkins - 8 - very useful paticularly 1st half