Sir Alex's new Book.

NormantonRam

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why he had to do this.

Was it just to get a bit of the limelight again?

It's all a bit pathetic really.

I think he's just a self important miserable old fecker.

If he wasn't in football he'd be the guy phoning and complaining about everyday things.

There's a broken biscuit! Complain

The council has left a leaf in my brown bin! Complain

That sort of bloke.

I've never called him Sir Alex. I don't get what's so great about him. Good manager. Very good. But he's bullied and pressured people for years. He's been well payed. Don't see him a Knight of the Realm tbh.

His comments about Gerrard are spot on..

Massively overrated.

I don't mind him having opinions on football, as we all do.. But his ways of 'dishing the dirt' on fellow players is pathetic really... I never liked watching him bully referees and other managers and his arrogance is disgusting..

Last year when Pardew rightfully complained over a decision Fergie responded with 'He should know what I've done to help him' well Fergie should know what his staff have done to help him.. The guy is a hypocritical bitter old bully

He'll be respected for what he did as a footballing manager just as Floyd Mayweather is respected for being a phenomenal boxer.. But as human beings, pathetic.

Massively overrated.

I don't mind him having opinions on football, as we all do.. But his ways of 'dishing the dirt' on fellow players is pathetic really... I never liked watching him bully referees and other managers and his arrogance is disgusting..

Last year when Pardew rightfully complained over a decision Fergie responded with 'He should know what I've done to help him' well Fergie should know what his staff have done to help him.. The guy is a hypocritical bitter old bully

He'll be respected for what he did as a footballing manager just as Floyd Mayweather is respected for being a phenomenal boxer.. But as human beings, pathetic.

I don't agree about Gerrard. I think he is as good as any midfielder that has ever played for Utd under Ferguson including Scholes

But that aside, I agree with everything else Vegas, Ferguson is a nasty piece of work, a mean spiteful bully. Of course he was a great manager, maybe the greatest, nobody doubts that.

I also don't like him being 'Sir'. He fermented an anti English attitude amongst Utd fans 

I think he's just a self important miserable old fecker.

If he wasn't in football he'd be the guy phoning and complaining about everyday things.

There's a broken biscuit! Complain

The council has left a leaf in my brown bin! Complain

That sort of bloke.

I've never called him Sir Alex. I don't get what's so great about him. Good manager. Very good. But he's bullied and pressured people for years. He's been well payed. Don't see him a Knight of the Realm tbh.

Not on my fookin watch pal!

He would do to remember the performance of his captain that night in Turin when they were 2 down and his captain knew he'd be suspended for the biggest game of his career.

And the shambolic performance in that final, without his captain, rescued by a couple of magic deliveries from someone whose wife he didn't like.

Ungrateful.

He would do to remember the performance of his captain that night in Turin when they were 2 down and his captain knew he'd be suspended for the biggest game of his career.

And the shambolic performance in that final, without his captain, rescued by a couple of magic deliveries from someone whose wife he didn't like.

Ungrateful.

Massively overrated.

I agree with you about Gerrard, he had everything in his game to become a top player but never achieved the week in, week out consistency to ever achieve it. Keane, Vieira, Scholes and Lampard had that consistent high level of performance, over many seasons, all would be ahead of Gerard but Keane was the best. In his prime an awesome player.

Fergie has a nasty, bullying streak, he has to win. His drive can be seen in the comment below in his early times at Man United. He backed up what he said, to have the fire to talk like that then deliver, incredible but that other side of him was always evident.

“This isn’t just a job to me”. “It’s a mission. I am deadly serious about it. Some people would reckon too serious. We will get there, believe me. And when it happens, life will change for Liverpool and everyone else — dramatically.” - August 1988.

Robbie Savage has given his opinion re. Gerrard, he says said player is the best midfielder in Premier League era, and the best player he has played against.

Better than Keane or Vieira, not a chance they had everything week in week out, when Vieira played against Derby at times he was like 2 men, Gerrard wasn't near those 2, he freely admitted it himself. Savage will say anything to be flavour of the day, best ignored, didn't he say James "look at your boots" Bailey would make a Premier League player. 

I would put Scholes and Lampard ahead of Gerrard as well, more questionable but they have had a telling influence on a lot more games than Gerrard.

I'd put Scholes ahead of any British midfielder of his generation. I think Giggs has always been better than Gerrard too.

Vieira was also the heart of the best football team that I've seen from English leagues.. That Arsenal side, although it didnt last long was wonderful. Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Ljunberg.... wow.

There's a lot of players that have shown to be better than Gerrard imo. But he's outlasted a lot of them tbf.

There was a time when Beckham was all the rage and Gerrard was just a miles better player. I didnt think he got enough credit then.

But when Zidane says Scholes is one of the best players he's played and Savage says Gerrard I'm gonna side with the monk and say Scholes was the best midfielder of his generation.

It's a tragedy that England couldn't match his professionalism and missed out on his talent.

Archived