Sir Alex's new Book.

NormantonRam

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beckham wanted to be famous, so he sold him? 

I don't get it.

Beckham was famous off the pitch and clearly loved the lifestyle and basked in it - but on the pitch he would work ridiculously hard for his team IMO.

Wasn't the greatest player in the world, but his work-rated put him up there. If he was lazy, he'd have made very little of himself.

Beckham wanted to be famous, so he sold him? 

I don't get it.

Beckham was famous off the pitch and clearly loved the lifestyle and basked in it - but on the pitch he would work ridiculously hard for his team IMO.

Wasn't the greatest player in the world, but his work-rated put him up there. If he was lazy, he'd have made very little of himself.

They hardly missed him though, not with Ronaldo and that. Man Utd/Fergie were always annoyingly good at replacing players.

Never thought I'd agree with Roy Keane about anything but when he was asked about the book on ITV tonight he said Fergie doesn't know the meaning of the word loyalty. He went on to say how disrespectful it was to be bad mouthing the players who helped him achieve so much success at man u. I think he's right.

Never thought I'd agree with Roy Keane about anything but when he was asked about the book on ITV tonight he said Fergie doesn't know the meaning of the word loyalty. He went on to say how disrespectful it was to be bad mouthing the players who helped him achieve so much success at man u. I think he's right.

Absolutely.

My view on SAF has been soiled by this book, many others to. 

I would agree with that, not sure what Ferguson gains from having a go at players who achieved so much. He was less keen on the horse racing fiasco of which he is totally to blame. A very greedy man, can't see the point of this book other than money.

The main headline stories were known anyway, it may be more interesting beyond that but as the book has been censored by United, who he still works for I would expect the usual bland Sports Autobiography.

Agree with Roy Keane - I'm sure Fergie demanded complete loyalty from his players when he was manager, then goes and 5hits on them from a great height now he's retired (not done bad to get it out just before Christmas either).

It's all about how you are as a person, my opinion of him hasn't changed over the years, this 'tell all' book, has just confirmed what I think.  Arrogant and greedy.

I'm guessing that roy keane doesn't come out of it too well.

Beckham grew up a Utd fan, doubt he ever thought he was bigger than the club, doubt he really wanted to leave.

He became a pain.

When they went on tour to the far east etc, beckham had to be the first of the plane and all sorts of other silly celebrity stuff so that the media got the pictures they wanted.

Fergie did the right thing, even if junior boycie was secretly gutted.

He became a pain.

When they went on tour to the far east etc, beckham had to be the first of the plane and all sorts of other silly celebrity stuff so that the media got the pictures they wanted.

Fergie did the right thing, even if junior boycie was secretly gutted.

I think you read too many newspapers ;)

Bet we never see a Nigel Clough book telling us why Bailey was " sent to Coventry" or why on earth he subjected us to Gary Crosby doing post match interviews! Be a riveting read that.

He only ever really let Crosby, Garner or Metgod talk when we won...whenever we lost, Nigel would always face the music - classy man

Haha yeah there was the odd time but overall, Nigel would take the heat - he's a good sort

Anyways, Ferguson - he's always been a very unlikeable person but then to have such drive to win, perhaps you have to be abit selfish.

I haven't read Roy Keane's book but I'd be surprised if he didn't slate any ex players himself

On the subject of Beckham, the point of him being a player who seeked to be famous - this is why I don't really like him or his entourage...any criticism they face (fairly or unfairly) is the price of seeking fame

Its a shame as I thought bringing out the book has somewhat tarnished my view of SAF, I always thought that what happens in the dressing room should stay in the dressing room - I understand that no one would want to buy an autobiography with all of this content stripped out, I just dont believe that Ferguson hasnt got enough money behind him to forgo writing sensationalist literature like this.

I do also seem to remember that after Ferguson was criticised by Jaap Stam in his book Ferguson got rid of him, maybe the Old Trafford board will have similar views when they have read Fergusons publication. Here's hoping.

Archived