Rumours linking Andre Wisdom of Liverpool over a possible loan

North_Stand_Ram

For someone not looking to make drastic changes he clearly doesn't fancy our back four one bit.
  I can't imagine there's too many fans who do fancy our back four, especially the fullbacks and/or the Buxton -Keogh axis. Go back to any game thread this season and bar a couple it's the same type of stuff "Forsyth is ****", "Smith isn't much better than Freeman and looks a liability", "Sir Jake & Keogh can't play together, neither of them take charge enough", "We need to sort the fullbacks out" etc, etc...   From what I've seen of Smith & Wisdom, Wisdom looks a better player...

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because we are getting a Liverpool player on a 3 month loan does not mean its got anything to do with a move for Hughes.

Do you really think the club would take a knock down price for Hughes for a bloody 3 month loan. He is our biggest asset and the club knows that the fans won't take kindly to a crap fee for him.

Liverpool fans seem to rate him at CB but not full-back.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/09/liverpool-fcs-defensive-conundrum-wheres-wisdom/

On Monday night against Swansea, in my opinion, Wisdom got found out as a full back. He isn’t the most mobile, got caught square against his opponent on a number of occasions and gave away several free kicks. I rate Andre as a player but he looks far more assured as a centre back and I expect to see him in that position for a number of years.

As previously mentioned I have my doubts about Wisdom in this role especially when faced with a ‘tricky’ winger, what he does add is another tall and strong player when it comes to defending set pieces but surely that isn’t enough to warrant selection.

Have you not seen Forsyth's tackle on Forestieri? It wasn't a 'horror' display by anymeans.

Seriously? One good challenge. His head went completely in the second half and we were very lucky his number of errors didn't cost us a goal or two.

If that wasn't a horror display, i'd hate to see what you classed as one.

Seriously? One good challenge. His head went completely in the second half and we were very lucky his number of errors didn't cost us a goal or two.

If that wasn't a horror display, i'd hate to see what you classed as one.

Further to this, I think most of us will agree he's been pretty crap all season.  Out of the 12 games he's played he's put in two, maybe three competent performances...

First post so be gentle! On the whole i think it could prove a shrewd signing. Liverpool fans rate him highly and i suppose if he can cut it in the premier league (albeit based on a few games) i'm sure he'll do well in the championship. Is he a better option than what we have currently? i think he is. He is a bit weaker at fullback from what I've heard however he's been up against players at the top of their trade. Good signing imo! cant hurt to have somebody like him around the squad.

First post so be gentle! On the whole i think it could prove a shrewd signing. Liverpool fans rate him highly and i suppose if he can cut it in the premier league (albeit based on a few games) i'm sure he'll do well in the championship. Is he a better option than what we have currently? i think he is. He is a bit weaker at fullback from what I've heard however he's been up against players at the top of their trade. Good signing imo! cant hurt to have somebody like him around the squad.

Welcome,and i also agree.

:)

Having been a season ticket holder for quite a few years I've seen our most recent dodgy defences. I agree with all others who suggest this is a good signing. I've never seen wisdom play, but I'm confident when I say he will be better than Forsyth, smith, bucko/ Keogh.

Smith hasn't lived up to his billing and thought freeman was no worse in the opening couple games this season. Forsyth in fairness isn't a left back by trade but his performances should be better!

With whitbread out for however long, wisdom could be given a chance to hopefully make us stronger at the back.

Welcome to the club Andre :)

Can't wait for the blues game!

Archived