Rumours linking Andre Wisdom of Liverpool over a possible loan

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the season apparently 

Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom is set to join Derby on loan for the remainder of the season, Press Association Sport understands.

Steve McClaren has wanted to bring in a new defender since becoming head coach at the Sky Bet Championship club at the beginning of this month and the former England manager made an approach for the versatile Wisdom, who can play at both right-back and centre-half, over the weekend

McClaren made his move after seeing Zak Whitbread, on loan from Leicester, suffer a calf strain during the first half of the Rams' 3-2 league win at Watford on Saturday.

Despite initially forcing his way into Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers' team, Wisdom has seen his first-team opportunities at Anfield limited this season.

The summer acquisitions of Aly Cissokho, Mamadou Sakho, Kolo Toure and Tiago Ilori have pushed him down the pecking order.

The England Under-21 international has made a total of 22 appearances for the Reds but during the current campaign has played only two Barclays Premier League games, including a solitary start at Swansea, and a Capital One Cup outing.

Wisdom, 20, joined Liverpool's youth set up from Bradford in 2008.

Meanwhile, Derby also thought to be interested in West Brom midfielder George Thorne.

The Rams have limited options in midfield with Paul Coutts, Jeff Hendrick and James Bailey all out with medium to long-term injuries while Thorne, 20, is available for loan in order to boost his fitness following a lengthy absence with a knee problem.

Penalties, own goals, sending offs, ***** backpasses to opposition strikers - for it to be a 'horror performance' I'd say that it needs to be capped off by one of those. Otherwise it's just a very poor performance

Yeah, his passing was sloppy and he often gave away possesion but Keogh often did the same, booting the ball upfield to no-one. Forysth didn't have his greatest game but that tackle was a 'game changer' and redeemed him a little.

Feeling a bit sorry for freeman here :(

It might be that Wisdom is coming in to challenge at cb rather rb (I hope so at least). I agree though that Freeman desserves more first team chances, thought he did very well at the start of the season. Especially his cross for Chris Martin at Brighton, that made me sex wee

I have never been a big believer in loans, they are so hit and miss, and I would say we have had more bad than good.

If we get Thorne as well, and he and Wisdom show the same commitment and ability as Leon Osman, then I will be one happy bunny

:) .

Feeling a bit sorry for freeman here :(

Don't be. This is Derby - we are collectively so stupid that we need a scapegoat - someone we can all point and grunt at.

Penalties, own goals, sending offs, ***** backpasses to opposition strikers - for it to be a 'horror performance' I'd say that it needs to be capped off by one of those. Otherwise it's just a very poor performance

Did you not see his horror back pass in the 2nd half that nearly cost us?

Great tackle 2nd half though so evens itself out

Did you not see his horror back pass in the 2nd half that nearly cost us?

Great tackle 2nd half though so evens itself out

Not yet, no.

I've only seen the highlights. I was just putting forward my case for horror performance rather than talking about Forsyth - if he that then he's certainly pushed the criteria. I'd hate to think what dramatic term someone would come up with for when a player gives away a penalty, scores an own goal AND gets sent off.

Not yet, no.

I've only seen the highlights. I was just putting forward my case for horror performance rather than talking about Forsyth - if he that then he's certainly pushed the criteria. I'd hate to think what dramatic term someone would come up with for when a player gives away a penalty, scores an own goal AND gets sent off.

"All round shocker"?

He didn't have a great game but that tackle probably saved us from conceding a goal. Prior to that he did little wrong. After that though, poor passing, left their guy on the right with too much space, dodgy back pass and looked unsteady and panicked. To be fair I think it's mainly a confidence thing. Think he's suffering from nerves due to a poor start

Archived