Rumours linking Andre Wisdom of Liverpool over a possible loan

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2470096/Liverpool-defender-Andre-Wisdom-set-join-Derby-season-long-loan.html?ico=sport%5Eheadlines

says in mirror were after George Thorne from the baggies as well who's coming back from injury ( still only 20 )

I thought you could only make a 93 day emergency not full season loan?

if it's a youth loan they can stay until the end of the season apparently. 

Most importantly how good is he on football manger

Can't speak for Football Manager but, on FIFA, he's 69 overall with 80 potential.

It's funny though because, on the site I looked at, the only comment said "Overrated. Often England U21's worst player." :lol:

We can only loan for 97 days?

Not for youth loans. from this website http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/section-6-players_2293633_2125731#52

53.3.2 Emergency and Youth Loans are permitted both during the Transfer Windows and, subject to the provisions of Regulation 53.3.5, also during a Closed Period between Clubs (or, as applicable, clubs) in membership of The Football League, The Premier League and The Football Conference (Premier Division).

53.3.5 Only:

(a) Scholars who are in the second or third (if that option is exercised) year of their Scholarship Agreement; or

(b) Contract Players aged 20 or under on 1st July immediately preceding the Season in question,

may be registered on a Youth Loan.

53.3.6 It shall be a condition of any Youth Loan involving a Scholar, or a Contract Player who continues to qualify as an Academy Player, that for the duration of the period of the Youth Loan the Player continues to fully comply with the programme of education in place for that Player.

53.3.7 A Player registered on a Youth Loan may, provided this is agreed between the two clubs and the Player, continue to train with and/or play for his Parent Club (or club) in any match other than matches played as part of the Premier League Competition, League Competition, League Cup, Football Association Challenge Cup or Football League Trophy (First Team Matches). Participation by the Player in First Team Matches for the Loaning Club shall take precedence.

53.3.8 Any days on which the Player participates in a reserve team match and/or attends any training sessions for the Loaning Club (or club)) shall still count towards the period of the Youth Loan.

53.3.9 Except for the specific circumstances provided for in Regulations 53.3.11, 53.3.12 and 54, the minimum duration of any Emergency Loan and Youth Loan shall be 28 days and the maximum duration of an Emergency Loan is 93 days. The loan period is inclusive of the starting date and the finishing date. Youth Loans may not extend beyond the date of the Player's 21st birthday.

The bolded bits are important- He was 20 on May 9th this year so qualifies as a Youth loan. the 93 day maximum time is for emergency loans, for youth loans it can be up to his 21st birthday which is after the end of the season.

George Thorne, the West Brom midfielder referenced in this article, was highly regarded before his injury. We could have a really exciting squad for the rest of the season. But where's the money coming from?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2470096/Liverpool-defender-Andre-Wisdom-set-join-Derby-season-long-loan.html?ico=sport%5Eheadlines

George Thorne, the West Brom midfielder referenced in this article, was highly regarded before his injury. We could have a really exciting squad for the rest of the season. But where's the money coming from?

I'd guess the money that we were repeatedly told we had anyway - and NLN refused to use.

I'd guess the money that we were repeatedly told we had anyway - and Clough refused to use.

Yes, but a lot of this money will have gone on McClaren's wages. I wonder if the Americans have re-thought their cautious approach and are now going for broke?

Yes, but a lot of this money will have gone on McClaren's wages. I wonder if the Americans have re-thought their cautious approach and are now going for broke?

I don't know how you make the leap by saying the money which was apparently available has all gone on SMc's wages.

Archived