Rumours linking Andre Wisdom of Liverpool over a possible loan

North_Stand_Ram

I can't imagine an ex-England manager's wages will be the same as an ex-Burton manager's. But it's not just this. Wisdom has first team experience and his salary will be high compared to our players' salaries. I don't know the details, for sure. It just seems we are upping the ante and I would much rather have young, hungry Premiership wannabes than journeymen loans. I think it's great but it's only five minutes since we were cutting back on all deals.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine an ex-England manager's wages will be the same as an ex-Burton manager's. But it's not just this. Wisdom has first team experience and his salary will be high compared to our players' salaries. I don't know the details, for sure. It just seems we are upping the ante and I would much rather have young, hungry Premiership wannabes than journeymen loans. I think it's great but it's only five minutes since we were cutting back on all deals.

5 years

Don't think we will be paying all his wages.

Tell me RamNut, between now and January who else are we supposed to sign?

It's a signal of intent as that's arguably the biggest signing we could possibly make.

It's a signal of intent as well as that is exactly the type of signing Rush wanted to bring in.

It's a signal of intent, not a signal I'm particularly delighted with as I don't want to see Bucko replace, but it's a signal of intent non the less.

I did say a couple of weeks back that the biggest test will be how Steve McC makes his changes.

Whitbread comes in and would play if not injured. Bucko is back up, clearly.

Dawkins came in on trial and still made the team week one, we even played 4-5-1 to fit him in.

Wsidom is not coming to sit on the bench so either Smith, Bucko Keogh or Whitbread are going to miss out. Freeman drop further down the pecking order.

For someone not looking to make drastic changes he clearly doesn't fancy our back four one bit.

Obviously we can only sign loans but ........a loan is a loan is a loan is a loan.

He's not our player as so whilst there may be some short term benefit, it is not a strategic move of any significance, and therefore cannot be a statement of intent.

A major signing in jan would be a statement of intent....

A statement now confirming that hughes is not for sale would be a statement of intent.

This isn't.

This is no more important than any other loan.

Obviously we can only sign loans but ........a loan is a loan is a loan is a loan.

He's not our player as so whilst there may be some short term benefit, it is not a strategic move of any significance, and therefore cannot be a statement of intent.

A major signing in jan would be a statement of intent....

A statement now confirming that hughes is not for sale would be a statement of intent.

This isn't.

This is no more important than any other loan.

Who's fault is this then!

Do you think we can hold on to Hughes I doubt it .

Probably not.....but why not?

Why is it taken for granted that we should sell?

We are supposed to be financially stable.

We are supposed to have billionaire backers.

We should get the benefit of the gem produced by the academy.

Derby is the best place for the player.

The championship is the right environment for the player, right now.

And he is only going to get more and more valuable.

Etc etc

We expect our managers to produce great players on a meagre budget, whether its burley with rasiak, huddlestone and smith; or jewell with the likes of kris commons; or nigel with hendrick, bryson, ward, and hughes, but if you then sell your best players, we'll never build anything.

Ok i know whats coming......if we get £10m for hughes etc etc.

If we get £10m for hughes then the asking price for every player we want probably doubles.

Furthermore we have never built the basis of a good team by splashing the cash.

Brian clough built his star team on a budget.

Docherty ruined it by spend, spend, spend.

Arthur cox built a team of expensive misfits having previously built a good team on a budget.

Jim smith pissed millions away on burley, morris, kinkladze, carbonari etc having previously built a good team on a budget.

And as for billy..........

Its got something to do with team spirit, and the group.

Probably not.....but why not?

Why is it taken for granted that we should sell?

We are supposed to be financially stable.

We are supposed to have billionaire backers.

We should get the benefit of the gem produced by the academy.

Derby is the best place for the player.

The championship is the right environment for the player, right now.

And he is only going to get more and more valuable.

Etc etc

We expect our managers to produce great players on a meagre budget, whether its burley with rasiak, huddlestone and smith; or jewell with the likes of kris commons; or nigel with hendrick, bryson, ward, and hughes, but if you then sell your best players, we'll never build anything.

Ok i know whats coming......if we get £10m for hughes etc etc.

If we get £10m for hughes then the asking price for every player we want probably doubles.

Furthermore we have never built the basis of a good team by splashing the cash.

Brian clough built his star team on a budget.

Docherty ruined it by spend, spend, spend.

Arthur cox built a team of expensive misfits having previously built a good team on a budget.

Jim smith pissed millions away on burley, morris, kinkladze, carbonari etc having previously built a good team on a budget.

And as for billy..........

Its got something to do with team spirit, and the group.

Hughes will want the Premier League . Do you think he would turn down Liverpool!

As someone earlier said, I'm happy as McLaren is at least trying to solve our defensive problems. At the same time, I'm disappointed 'cause I think there is/were better options available. For example Keane, does anyone know why this deal didn't materialize?

Wisdom is good enough to make our defence better, I'm sure about it. If Leicester's sixth choice CB is our best defender, captain of U-21 should be good enough too!!! :unsure:

Archived