Kallifa Cisse

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tune of this thread has changed from the first page!

Truth be told it was only one person repeating over and over and over "He won't sign" - not "He's rubbish".

How will Hendrick get a game?? He's our best player for me, Hendrick sitting, Bryson and Hughes advanced is a top class midfield! That must be our starting midfield, that's prem class!

No it isn't. Jeff Hendrick is not a defensive midfielder. Ignore the fact he's tall... He's simply awful at holding. He's best driving into the box.

I thought that was the problem last year Hendrick CANT play holding midfield as it stifles his biggest asset, strong, surging runs forward with the ball.

I don't think Hendrick Bryson and Hughes works as a 3.

As of yesterday I think that the CDM role will have its own group of players vying for a spot ie Eustace, Cisse, Bailey maybe Davies.

Then the two advanced CM's will be competed for by Hughes Bryson Hendrick Coutts and Davies.

This then means that having the two completely separate midfield roles keeps the team shape and philosophy that players fit into. Not fitting a team shape and style around the players.

How will Hendrick get a game?? He's our best player for me, Hendrick sitting, Bryson and Hughes advanced is a top class midfield! That must be our starting midfield, that's prem class!

Hendrick's problem to solve.

Isn't it brilliant that for the first time in years we have genuine options? OK, I recognise that at the moment we have loanees in key positions, but all the same it has added to the overall squad strength. 

___________Granty ___________

_Wisdom Keoh Bux/Zac Forsyth_

____________Cisse____________

Hendrick __________ Bryson

__________Hughsey____________

_______ Best 2 out of 5___________

thats my team to get us promoted ....

Nice team but doubt you will ever see that system. Mclaren loves the 3 up top with Martin as the central figure. There is no width when we play Hughes Hendrick and Bryson

Thought Cisse was brilliant yesterday. Something we've missed in games for a long time, a big nasty B***ard!

Not really had a proper one since Seth Johnson. He does play a similar role to Eustace but we need competition for him and I really don't see Hendrick playing that same role.

I'd much rather we signed him up and sold James Bailey. I don't think Bailey offers us anything we haven't already got. We've got plenty of tidy ball players in midfield now.

No it isn't. Jeff Hendrick is not a defensive midfielder. Ignore the fact he's tall... He's simply awful at holding. He's best driving into the box.

I agree - too often have I seen the opposition pass their way through him, not what you want from your defensive midfielder. It's difficult to see, the way the team is currently set up, how Hendrix can fit in other than when injuries, loss of former or suspension affects one of the present incumbents

I hope stupid money offer to one of Hughes/Bryson/Hendrick to give Macca chance to get his man/men in. Eventhough I would hate to lose any of them, we could afford it and at the same time it could be most harmless way to get team forward.

I am more than happy with the squad we have got. From what I have seen I would like us to sign Dawkins, Cisse and also Whitbread. Our squad is more than good enough to compete for the play offs. We have players to come back from injury in Russell and Hendrick in the short term. 

it's been a strange experience to see the quantity of players that have come in under mcclaren. since clough went we've brought in whitbread, dawkins, wisdom and now cisse. another indicator that he knows exactly what he's doing... clough's squad was too small, and one of mcclaren's first moves has been to give us a lot more options. finally our squad doesn't look overstretched and prone to problems with a single injury!

The last few times I'd seen Olofinjana play against us he looked outstanding and completely bossed our midfield. I'd been thinking I wish we had a player like him.
Yesterday though Cisse did to Olofinjana and Wednesday the exact thing he'd done to us before and so he wasn't involved at all. He was solid in the tackle, positionally excellent, read the game and kept his distribution simple and effective. 
I've been impressed by Eustace this year but I thought Cisse showed potential to be even better due to his added presence and mobility. 
Keep him on a bit longer, if he continues to impress then give him a longer deal and make him first-choice DM with Eustace as backup.
Excellent debut.

Archived