Kallifa Cisse

North_Stand_Ram

I think cisse played well but i'm a bit puzzled by the instant adulation.

He basically kept it simple, passed to a derby shirt, conserved his energy and produced one great second half tackle.

All good but shirley not as good as bryson or hughes.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He basically kept it simple, passed to a derby shirt, conserved his energy and produced one great second half tackle.

Different role. Attacking midfielders like Bryson and Hughes need a Cisse or a Eustace behind them to provide cover. A midfielder who wins the ball and gives it to one of our team is fine by me. He gives the back four protection and affords the team more opportunity to get forward. I can see us selling Hughes and having Eustace or Cisse plus three from Hendrick, Bryson, Ward and Dawkins, assuming the loan players stay. I can't see Jacobs or Coutts getting back in and I think Davies might go out on loan. I'd have Martin and Russell upfront.

I just think as far as debuts go, he couldn't have done much better. He did exactly what he needed to do to allow Bryson and Hughes to play. I also liked the way he dropped back to cover Keogh when he moved forward with the ball, which he did really well yesterday.

And stop calling me Shirley.

is Bwash_ram Nigel clough in disguise?

You cant play a diamond when you have no natrual wide players in the wide parts of the diamond.

We saw it with derby, there was no width or pace in home games.

In just 45 mins of football under mclaren we suddenty had tempo and attacking intent.

3 in midfield is fine as long as you have 2 wide men to acompany the CF like we have now.

But 4 in central midfield will take us back to the NC days - no thanks.

Yesterday though Cisse did to Olofinjana and Wednesday the exact thing he'd done to us before and so he wasn't involved at all.

I honestly had no idea old Oilyvagina (I can't take credit for that one) was playing for Sheffield Wednesday. I made a quip about him at one point in comparison to Cisse without realising they were both on the pitch!

I honestly had no idea old Oilyvagina (I can't take credit for that one) was playing for Sheffield Wednesday. I made a quip about him at one point in comparison to Cisse without realising they were both on the pitch!

I used to state him as the type of player we needed... but yes, he was turd along with the rest of their team on Saturday.

I think that's the thing though - passing to a Derby shirt, keeping it simple - they're things we've struggled to do over the last few years. It was great to see someone do it.

Also, most of our good moves involved him at some point, usually breaking up the play to start an attack. Having someone with you who you know will win the ball the majority of the time must be nice for Hughes and Bryson, enabling them to go wandering.

In the circumstances, given that he hasn't played at all for a while, never mind having never played with these players in a game, I think it was a perfect debut for someone in that position. 

I rate Eustace highly at this level but if that performance is a sign of things to come then having Eustace and Hendrick as back up puts us in a great position. Infact if that was the case I'd struggle to see the point in trying to hold on to Bailey.

IMO Cisse being here and seeing Forsyth play as well as he did on Saturday means we're almost there in terms of the squad - I don't think much needs improving. They just need some set piece training!

Thing is though, if Forsyth got injured who would be a competent substitute at the moment? Not sure Hoganson is up to it. Freeman looks like going on loan to Notts County and in any case is hardly an accomplished left back.........Sorry to go a bit off topic.

Lowe is a possibility as left back is his position. Still a young lad though but has a tremendous future. Josh Lelan is another young lad who prefers CB but could do a job at LB or even Hanson could move over. We have options and Hoggy is ok for me and Freeman is more a RB for sure.

As for Cisse I thought it was a very good debut.

Thing is though, if Forsyth got injured who would be a competent substitute at the moment? Not sure Hoganson is up to it. Freeman looks like going on loan to Notts County and in any case is hardly an accomplished left back.........Sorry to go a bit off topic.

Yeah, it's a valid point. I more meant the starting 11 but obviously squads get promoted, not teams.

If we get a decent draw in the 3rd round of the cup I'd give Lowe a start and build him up that way.

A big ask though for the likes of Lowe. Hardly been on the bench and it would be a massive step up. Not sure he would be good enough yet.

Take your point but for me Hoggy could do the job at LB no problem. Hopefully Forsyth will stay fit but he's been getting criticism himself

You might be right Curtains but for me, if we are to start pushing on:

Hoganson - Too short/inexperienced.

Lowe - Too inexperienced.

Lelan - Nowhere near ready.

Solution - New left back.

I wouldn't argue with you on that just pointing out options which you obviously know from you're answers.

Archived