Rams pub tour

HeyHudson

bet he was exasperated by that!

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people are willing to make themselves look.

On the first one of these, one bloke was so tanked up that they couldn't understand him very well, but I've known him for years, and the translation was something like "you can't sell your best players, why did you sell Will Hughes?" absolute embarrassment!

Someone made a big deal about McClaren's job title. Not sure why.

The guy took about 5 minutes asking the question, Rush answered it with 'they are not thinking of selling the ground'

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy took about 5 minutes asking the question, Rush answered it with 'they are not thinking of selling the ground'

I'm not sure what the person asking the question expected?!

"Well, even though we want you to buy season tickets, and we need an increase in attendance to minimise losses, we think it would be a good idea to play on the local park in front of a few hundred non-paying spectators. Our business development manager is all for it. We can probably get about £2m for the land."

What some people don't stop and think is that the ground is valued at £30m as that's how much it'd cost to replace. The land itself is no more valuable! So unless the land is bought by a football team, who will then use it, it's no good to anyone!

I'm not sure what the person asking the question expected?!

"Well, even though we want you to buy season tickets, and we need an increase in attendance to minimise losses, we think it would be a good idea to play on the local park in front of a few hundred non-paying spectators. Our business development manager is all for it. We can probably get about £2m for the land."

What some people don't stop and think is that the ground is valued at £30m as that's how much it'd cost to replace. The land itself is no more valuable! So unless the land is bought by a football team, who will then use it, it's no good to anyone!

I made exactly the same point on another thread, baffles me how the ground is valued so high in the accounts because there is absolutely no market out there for buying/selling football grounds!

What some people don't stop and think is that the ground is valued at £30m as that's how much it'd cost to replace. The land itself is no more valuable! So unless the land is bought by a football team, who will then use it, it's no good to anyone!

I made exactly the same point on another thread, baffles me how the ground is valued so high in the accounts because there is absolutely no market out there for buying/selling football grounds!

You seem to have missed that Mostyn has actually given you the answer right there - "that's how much it'd cost to replace" which is also why its value increases.

It may not be the value on the open market, or the amount we could get if we sold it.  But it is the amount we would likely have to spend to rebuild something similar, so it is its value to us.

You seem to have missed that Mostyn has actually given you the answer right there - "that's how much it'd cost to replace" which is also why its value increases.

It may not be the value on the open market, or the amount we could get if we sold it. But it is the amount we would likely have to spend to rebuild something similar, so it is its value to us.

That means the shitty ground is either worthless or priceless, because you couldn't find anyone prepared to build anything that looks like that again.

That means the shitty ground is either worthless or priceless, because you couldn't find anyone prepared to build anything that looks like that again.

you say that, but there's something about the older grounds, they have a soul of their own. I was worried when they were deludedly talking about building a 50k seater for the WC in 2018 cos it meant no more City Ground, and I love visiting there.

I miss the Baseball Ground beyond rational comprehension!

It may not be the value on the open market, or the amount we could get if we sold it.  But it is the amount we would likely have to spend to rebuild something similar, so it is its value to us.

The ground is actually valued at about £55million (from memory) in the accounts

you say that, but there's something about the older grounds, they have a soul of their own. I was worried when they were deludedly talking about building a 50k seater for the WC in 2018 cos it meant no more City Ground, and I love visiting there.

Me too, that place was one of my favourite places in the world! I don't think anywhere will rival it, football-wise, for me ever again.

In my mind The Baseball Ground is still there. Took me 10 years to feel comfortable at Pride Park and it will never be my spiritual home. For years I went to Saltergate and the ramshackle old ground to some extent compensated for my loss. When Town moved to their new ground I couldn't go through all that again and ceased to go....................... .

Me too, that place was one of my favourite places in the world! I don't think anywhere will rival it, football-wise, for me ever again.

When it became all seated it really didn't matter anymore. It was time to go.

Archived