Rams pub tour

HeyHudson

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Standing didnt cause Hillsborough either.

There but for the grace....etc. What happened that day could have happened at any one of a thousand games throughout that era Alpha. Lads my age will remember being crushed and squashed on terracing and tunnels......every home match getting out the Popside was dodgy during the 70's. There was times when your feet didn't touch the ground and you found yourself pressed tighter and tighter against a 30 foot high wall then suddenly a wave of movement would carry you out onto Vulcan Street.....

Best leave it there!

Which is why it is still a sensitive issue. Unfortunately we are dealing with politics here. I don't think anyone can suggest that safe standing is dangerous as each person is allocated a standing space (which can also be converted into a seat) so overcrowding is not possible, each row has a continuous hand rail so no crowd surges forward can happen and no fences are erected around the pitch.

The Government and police were criticised by the Hillsborough families and without getting involved in the reasons for the tradegy, this was very topical recently and if the families are against safe standing, I don't think the Goverment will sanction it any time soon.

Having said that the momentum of the support from clubs (especially Man U now) and the fans is growing and people power can make a difference.

There but for the grace....etc. What happened that day could have happened at any one of a thousand games throughout that era Alpha. Lads my age will remember being crushed and squashed on terracing and tunnels......every home match getting out the Popside was dodgy during the 70's. There was times when your feet didn't touch the ground and you found yourself pressed tighter and tighter against a 30 foot high wall then suddenly a wave of movement would carry you out onto Vulcan Street.....

Friend passed out at Burnley away in the cup game back then. Was in hospital for a week recovering. It was so so bad at so many grounds.

Hello,I am thinking of coming over from Spain for the Blackpool game,and as I have never been to Pride Park(though have been a lifelong supporter)can anyone suggest

a a decent hotel

b is it necessary to book a seat or can I book on the morning

c which are the best seats to book to avoid seating that doesn't offer a decent view

Thanks for any help,good luck today I 'll be with you all in spirit.David

Everyone used to make sheep[ram] sounds  as you got to the narrow part at the side of the Normanton end stand ,I always used to stand on the back row of the popside terracing next to the walkway ,when Derby scored you would end up in the walkway under a mass of bodies,god I miss it. 

Hello,I am thinking of coming over from Spain for the Blackpool game,and as I have never been to Pride Park(though have been a lifelong supporter)can anyone suggest

a a decent hotel

b is it necessary to book a seat or can I book on the morning

c which are the best seats to book to avoid seating that doesn't offer a decent view

Thanks for any help,good luck today I 'll be with you all in spirit.David

Sissy goes to the jury's Inn, but there are some on pride park, premier inn is opposite the ground.

You should be fine for a ticket on the morning, unless we get a load more glory supporters coming. ;)

Archived