Rams pub tour

HeyHudson

Thanks for the excellent report Mostyn. Couple of things - what change were you referring to here?

Also the 3000 ST holders staying away - was that 1500 each game or 3000 each game? Seems a crazy high number, but then my guess would be a lot of those would be the free under 12 tickets. Burnley was the last weekend of the Summer Holidays and Ipswich was a night match, so a lot of young kids would be away.

That said - I'm a ST holder and I didn't go to the Burnley game. I had some stuff on and it was a lot of effort to re-arrange so I just didn't bother. 10 years ago I would have moved heaven and earth to make sure I didn't miss a game. That's probably indicative of a fair few people's feelings recently

They said that the 3000 stayed away for one of the games (I cannot remember which one) but almost all returned for Leeds. It was pointed out that "it WAS Leeds!", but they said they should felt, and I quote "an obvious disconnect" that needed addressing/reversing/resolving.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers. I think there is a disconnect to a degree, but I'm not 100% convinced that it isn't just a national thing rather than specific to DCFC

Attendances are down almost everywhere - in the scheme of things it's a wonder that attendances didn't plummet further under the underwhelming mediocrity of the Nigel Clough years

Good write up. Interesting stuff. 

Amazed by the attendance quote mind, without double checking I'm pretty sure there were more Derby fans at the Burnley game than there were at the Leeds game..  :huh: Baring in mind Leeds brought almost 4k and Burnley well under a 1000. 

You've obviously not been in there for many years.

This is true - is it a family friendly pub now? To be fair whenever I went in it was just dingy and barren rather than dangerous. I used to go to the Golden Pheasant across the road not sure if thats still open

This is true - is it a family friendly pub now? To be fair whenever I went in it was just dingy and barren rather than dangerous. I used to go to the Golden Pheasant across the road not sure if thats still open

Not a family pub but certainly got better over the years!

Golden Pheasant still there although it is now a Hungy Horse chain pub.

mostyn's summary suggests that Sam and the suits didn’t respond to the many questions about investment. Instead, the fans got ‘the vision’.

The question is, will the change in coaching, recruitment and relationships do a better job of achieving the board’s top 6 target than some extra dosh aimed at strengthening the squad and providing a more competitive wage budget that’s capable of attracting and retaining better players?

It's the only option on offer from the board so I hope so, but I’m not buzzing about the future just yet.

mostyn's summary suggests that Sam and the suits didn’t respond to the many questions about investment. Instead, the fans got ‘the vision’.

The question is, will the change in coaching, recruitment and relationships do a better job of achieving the board’s top 6 target than some extra dosh aimed at strengthening the squad and providing a more competitive wage budget that’s capable of attracting and retaining better players?

It's the only option on offer from the board so I hope so, but I’m not buzzing about the future just yet.

on the contrary, but they were never going to reveal anything that would surprise anyone, so it's not worth typing. I reckon 90% of people here could write a question, think for 10 seconds about it, then write down the expected answer and be just about right. That though, is the modern business man, in any industry, keeping his cards to his chest and giving no indications.

fixed it...

As expected, mostyn's summary suggests that Sam and the suits didn’t respond to the many questions about investment in any kind of meaningful way. Instead, the fans got ‘the vision’.

I'd definitely agree that there were about 3000 season ticket holders missing for Burnley and Ipswich. I remember the attendance being read out as about 22000 and it really didnt look over 20,000. Surely if people were so happy about the change in management they would of come back for the Ipswich game not just the Leeds one though?

As others have said it was simply that we were playing Leeds and the attendance would of been the same under Clough.

Theres a lot to do to win people over. It definitely feels like a step forward but we all know that a few bad results will change things. We've got a good run of fixtures in December so I'd hope we should be challenging for the play offs by January.

Did anybody go last night? If so, anything worth writing up? (I'm assuming internet has reached Ripley by now!)

I'm planning on going on Tuesday or Thursday, got so much that I would like to ask!

Think I will be asking one of the following questions (unless someone can tell me that they have been answered before)

1 - What will the owners strategy be if we do reach the Premier League

2 - How long will young players be given to prove themselves at Derby before they are sold on for big prices or is it dependent on size of bids received and who will make that decision

Looks like this fella has been going to them all and doing write-ups.

He drags the football analogy to cringe-making point and seemingly can't get some people's names right, but if you fancy a read, here they are

http://www.patrickgriffinonline.com/blog/news-and-views/a-night-with-the-rams-is-back-as-derby-bosses-meet-the-fans/

http://www.patrickgriffinonline.com/blog/random-ramblings/the-soccer-secret-derby-ceo-sam-rush-will-take-to-his-grave/

Looks like this fella has been going to them all and doing write-ups.

He drags the football analogy to cringe-making point and seemingly can't get some people's names right, but if you fancy a read, here they are

http://www.patrickgriffinonline.com/blog/news-and-views/a-night-with-the-rams-is-back-as-derby-bosses-meet-the-fans/

http://www.patrickgriffinonline.com/blog/random-ramblings/the-soccer-secret-derby-ceo-sam-rush-will-take-to-his-grave/

Cheers for that

Great case of chinese whisper last night.

'Question for you Sam, I've heard the owners are thinking of selling the ground...'

bet he was exasperated by that!

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people are willing to make themselves look.

On the first one of these, one bloke was so tanked up that they couldn't understand him very well, but I've known him for years, and the translation was something like "you can't sell your best players, why did you sell Will Hughes?" absolute embarrassment!

Someone made a big deal about McClaren's job title. Not sure why.

bet he was exasperated by that!

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people are willing to make themselves look.

On the first one of these, one bloke was so tanked up that they couldn't understand him very well, but I've known him for years, and the translation was something like "you can't sell your best players, why did you sell Will Hughes?" absolute embarrassment!

Someone made a big deal about McClaren's job title. Not sure why.

Wait for the question re Andre Wisdom and Will Hughes.

Archived