Rams pub tour

HeyHudson

In case anyone wasn't aware, Sam Rush and friends will be off on another tour of local ale houses soon.

14/10/13: The Bedford Arms, Derby (7pm with JV, SR & PS)
14/10/13: The Mile, Derby (9pm with JV, SR & PS)
16/10/13: The White Lion, Ripley (7pm with JV, SR & RD) 
21/10/13: The New Inn, Little Eaton (7pm with JV, SR & TBC) 
21/10/13: The New Bridge Inn, Shelton Lock (9pm with JV, SR & TBC) 
24/10/13: The Rose & Crown, Chellaston (7pm with JV, SR & SM) 
24/10/13: The Royal Telegraph (9pm with JV, SR & SM) 
04/11/13: The Needles, Alvaston (7pm with JV, SR & PS) 
04/11/13: The Exeter Arms, Derby (9pm with JV, SR & PS) 
05/11/13: The Vernon Arms, Spondon (7pm with JV, SR & RD) 
05/11/13: The Wilmot Arms, Spondon (9pm with JV, SR & RD) 
11/11/13: The Vine Inn, Tutbury (7pm with JV, SR & ES) 
11/11/13: The Hawk & Buckle, Etwall (9pm with JV, SR & ES)

JV = John Vicars 
SR = Sam Rush 
SM = Steve McLaren 
PS = Paul Simpson 
ES = Eric Steele 
RD = Roger Davies 
TBC = Guests To Be Confirmed 

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/marstons-pub-tour-visits-return-1103730.aspx

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Belper?

Is the Derby Theatre gig still on?

The nearest one is Little Eaton.

Interesting to see Roger Davies on tour with Rush after his independent media performance in which he kebabbed NC on the phone in, after pre appointment Gibson did the same. Alistair Campbell eat your heart out.

So what sort of **** goes down at these things?

I went to The Flowerpot one last time. It was just a question and answer session, but what you find is that the majority of people who ask questions will be the sort who like the sound of their own voice. Sadly they also tend to ask the dumbest questions and get the angriest.

One idiot at the Flowerpot was ranting about the Season Ticket increases and when Rush tried to answer diplomatically and suggested that he could "understand why you might be angry" – the guy shouted "I AM NOT ANGRY!!!". At which point Rush said, "thank goodness for that I'd hate to see you when you WERE angry". Got the biggest laugh of the night.

But anyway, what you'll find is that the hot topic will be whatever has cracked off that week. If we're winning and there have been no individuals performing poorly then it will be very quiet indeed.

However, if you like listening people moaning and the club answering questions diplomatically without really giving away too much then get yerrsen daaahn there yoth

I went to The Flowerpot one last time. It was just a question and answer session, but what you find is that the majority of people who ask questions will be the sort who like the sound of their own voice. Sadly they also tend to ask the dumbest questions and get the angriest.

One idiot at the Flowerpot was ranting about the Season Ticket increases and when Rush tried to answer diplomatically and suggested that he could "understand why you might be angry" – the guy shouted "I AM NOT ANGRY!!!". At which point Rush said, "thank goodness for that I'd hate to see you when you WERE angry". Got the biggest laugh of the night.

But anyway, what you'll find is that the hot topic will be whatever has cracked off that week. If we're winning and there have been no individuals performing poorly then it will be very quiet indeed.

However, if you like listening people moaning and the club answering questions diplomatically without really giving away too much then get yerrsen daaahn there yoth

Good summary there Green 'un!

They're never gonna be able to tell us anything that's not already out there. I'm not saying its a particularly bad thing, just that no one should go there hoping to learn summat new. 

Maybe talking to people like Simmo and Eric face to face to gauge their confidence in the future would be useful but Sam and Steve can only ever give us the party line.

I would rather see the first team squad getting round local schools for a kick a round with the kids, giving a few freebies out and the like. 

Will Hughes doing keepie-uppies on the school playing field will benefit the club more in the long term than Sam having a pint with a few middle aged moaners!

Ha ha, I remember that bloke. He didn't half waffle on.

Archived