why can"t DCFC sort out the south stand

whaley bridge Ram

Cringe...... Cringe..... Cringe...... Cringe..

Set that to a nifty rhythm and we've got a new chant. Just needs a bouncing ball across the words at the bottom of the big screen. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do I start!

Great atmosphere v Leeds but lets be honest it was always going to be against them.

Reason for SE move was because had a meeting with club and basically fair to say the SW didnt work out for the Leicester game. Requested something and it was agreed. As it has been for the Wednesday game. Anyone that says the club dont listen at times this was one example to counter.

Next season is practically sorted as is another game this season.

Will wait for the club announcement on that though before I get shot down.

Very happy though.

Next season is practically sorted as is another game this season.

Will wait for the club announcement on that though before I get shot down.

have the club offered any clues on the pricing next year? Will the cheap SS season tickets go back up to normal price I wonder? Obviously I have a vested interest in then remaining cheap, but I think the club ought to be looking to raise them slowly rather than big bang. A huge price hike could well see me just not bother renewing

Very much doubt it will be a huge rise though and would expect in the region of £330.

Woah – obviously not quoting you on that but they were £230 for renewals this season, as opposed to my old seat which was £380

If they go up by £100 (or ~50% increase) that's more than I was expecting and if the price point is not that far off my old seat then I'll either move back or just not bother renewing at all. I reckon they need to keep it under £300 to grow the atmosphere

Yes there will be a price rise. As to how much who knows but this will be discussed with fans first...

Unfortunately there has to be for obvious reasons!

Very much doubt it will be a huge rise though and would expect in the region of £330.

Should make them cat d seats and bring them in line with the seats in northeast corner,I think they were £300 for renewal this year

Woah – obviously not quoting you on that but they were £230 for renewals this season, as opposed to my old seat which was £380

If they go up by £100 (or ~50% increase) that's more than I was expecting and if the price point is not that far off my old seat then I'll either move back or just not bother renewing at all. I reckon they need to keep it under £300 to grow the atmosphere

How does keeping a ticket under £300 grow the atmosphere?

Although if they drop my ticket that low I will promise to shout louder.

I'd make them the most expensive tickets in the ground, that way you get the real singers and not those looking for a cheap ticket. Can't tell me that there's not a decent chunk of fans in there that only moved because of the price and have barely muttered a "Come on Derby" all season

How does keeping a ticket under £300 grow the atmosphere?

Although if they drop my ticket that low I will promise to shout louder.

I didn't explain it very well, but essentially what they did this season was tell the fans that they want to create a noisy area for the fans that want to sing. Then made the tickets nice and cheap as an added incentive. It seems to have worked on that level.

What I was trying to say was that if they put then up too much next season then people might be tempted to go back to where they were. If I'm honest I love the singing but I hate sitting behind the goal, it just feels wrong to me as I've always sat at the side. I also don't much like the guy sat next to me as he one of those "running commentary" negative idiots who moans all game.

My comments about growing the area were more about expanding the cheap/singing zone so that more people move and the noisy area spreads out - what we have at the moment is a big gap in the SE/East Stand where all the people moved from, so singing doesn't spread so well. The Leeds game proved that by moving us into the gaps

I didn't explain it very well, but essentially what they did this season was tell the fans that they want to create a noisy area for the fans that want to sing. Then made the tickets nice and cheap as an added incentive. It seems to have worked on that level.

What I was trying to say was that if they put then up too much next season then people might be tempted to go back to where they were. If I'm honest I love the singing but I hate sitting behind the goal, it just feels wrong to me as I've always sat at the side. I also don't much like the guy sat next to me as he one of those "running commentary" negative idiots who moans all game.

My comments about growing the area were more about expanding the cheap/singing zone so that more people move and the noisy area spreads out - what we have at the moment is a big gap in the SE/East Stand where all the people moved from, so singing doesn't spread so well. The Leeds game proved that by moving us into the gaps

I like to support my team but vocally but more important to me is a good view of the game, hence why I choose to sit in the East Stand.

My ticket went up this year under the pretence that it had to be the same price as the seats level with me in the West Stand, so I think its fair to say that the SS tickets should be equal in price to tickets at the other end of the ground.

People wanting cheap tickets just because they are going to sing is ridiculous in my  opinion and as another poster has pointed out it's not like that whole stand is rocking all match (although I do appreciate they have done a lot to improve what was a really awful atmosphere).

My ticket went up this year under the pretence that it had to be the same price as the seats level with me in the West Stand

I sit in the East Stand as well, and whilst I agree that we've got pretty much the same view as the seats opposite in the West, I do think ours should be cheaper cos we get the sun in our eyes in the second half.

Small thing, I know but I'm dead serious. It's things like that which should be factored into the price/value of a seat.

Archived