why can"t DCFC sort out the south stand

whaley bridge Ram

I sit in the East Stand as well, and whilst I agree that we've got pretty much the same view as the seats opposite in the West, I do think ours should be cheaper cos we get the sun in our eyes in the second half.

Small thing, I know but I'm dead serious. It's things like that which should be factored into the price/value of a seat.

We said exactly the same thing!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We said exactly the same thing!

Having a pillar/being up in the Gods is considered a restricted view, so I think the fact we're blinded from about the 55th minute onwards should be taken into account when they talk about hiking our prices cos we have the same view as the West

Having a pillar/being up in the Gods is considered a restricted view, so I think the fact we're blinded from about the 55th minute onwards should be taken into account when they talk about hiking our prices cos we have the same view as the West

Right, I've got a plan that will kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

They slash the price of our tickets based on the fact that we are blind for half of the match and then anyone that wants to sing can come and sit round us!

Everyone's a winner (Apart from the South, North and West Stand)

Ha! I used to sit the lower east stand so I know all about being blinded by the sun. You leave the house and it's cloudy and then arrive at the ground with no cap or sunglasses and at THAT MOMENT....the sun comes out...

I wasn't saying that I expect a cheap ticket for singing BTW - but that seems to have been the ploy by the club to convince people to move. If they'd not done that then I guess at least half of those who moved would have not bothered

Right, I've got a plan that will kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

They slash the price of our tickets based on the fact that we are blind for half of the match and then anyone that wants to sing can come and sit round us!

Everyone's a winner (Apart from the South, North and West Stand)

Or, we convince Rush to install one of these

"http://www.thelmagazine.com/binary/35fc/1268750813-simpsons_sun-jj-001" alt="1268750813-simpsons_sun-jj-001">

"Still a great effort Nick in organising the South Stand move.

Which leads me to my real point. How many more times during the season will the 'South Stand' have to move? No doubt Florist, Wednesday and  Leeds any more? I thought we certainly missed the South Stand support at the Leicester game. I sit on the half way line in East lower and you could just not hear anything coming from the South West Corner where I think most were moved to, but when behind the goal the difference is amazing and that is without as yet seeing a winning team !! If only we could move the away fans to the South West Corner you would never hear them - that has got to be the target surely."

I posted the above on 1st Sept in another thread and still stick to my thoughts. Didn't Wednesday have the South Stand and Sth West Corner last year or year before? DCFC should spend a bit of money 'securing' the South West Corner for away fans, it would be certainly worthwhile and make a big difference - you just would not hear them !!

"Still a great effort Nick in organising the South Stand move.

Which leads me to my real point. How many more times during the season will the 'South Stand' have to move? No doubt Florist, Wednesday and Leeds any more? I thought we certainly missed the South Stand support at the Leicester game. I sit on the half way line in East lower and you could just not hear anything coming from the South West Corner where I think most were moved to, but when behind the goal the difference is amazing and that is without as yet seeing a winning team !! If only we could move the away fans to the South West Corner you would never hear them - that has got to be the target surely."

I posted the above on 1st Sept in another thread and still stick to my thoughts. Didn't Wednesday have the South Stand and Sth West Corner last year or year before? DCFC should spend a bit of money 'securing' the South West Corner for away fans, it would be certainly worthwhile and make a big difference - you just would not hear them !!

As per my reply on the other thread the only games mentioned in the last press release about moving was the Leeds and Wednesday games. Nick has said that something is in the pipeline for Forest and the club has said they're not getting more than the normal allocation. Doubt the SS will have to move for the Forest game. Maybe have to exit the stadium via the east stand like we had to from the SE corner against Leeds

• 2 weeks later...

Archived