Michael Keane

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still a bit baffled by this – we were about to sign Keane on loan the day before Clough was sacked. I spoke to my Leicester mate who had nothing but praise for Keane and said he was one of the best defenders he'd seen at the club for years. Bags of promise and tipped for big things.

The day after Clough was sacked we suddenly loaned Whitbread. Given that Keane kept Whitbread out of the Leicester team I went back for more info.

My Leics mate basically said that Whitbread was a complete sick note, constantly injured and that if he'd stayed fit they wouldn't have had to loan Keane. A good CB when he was available, but whenever he came back from injury he could never displace Keane from the team.

So Whitbread comes in and then almost immediately gets injured, just as he's about to come back, he gets injured again. We go back to the Keane loan scenario

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we cancel the Whitbread loan now – what's the point of him being here?

Agree no need for Whitbread, just paying unnecessary wages

Not sure how the recall works i don't think we can just say oh we don't want him anymore because we have agreed to pay his wages up til January.

Grant

Barker Keane Buxton

Wisdom Keogh

Bryson Hughes Ward

Martin Russell

:huh:  :)

Keogh's passing isn't good enough to play in CDM. Plus we need 4 at the back imo.

Grant

Wisdom   Keane/Buxton   Keogh/Barker   Forsyth

Eustace/Cisse

Hughes                                     Bryson

Russell            Ward 

Martin

@SNicholsonDT: @_daveo Derby are keen to extend the loan in January, I understand #dcfc #dcfcfans

I would hope so. He can't be emergency cover because we aren't in an emergency.

I assume he's here to play the season out.

Just watched his interview. He looks like a thug but he seems like a really nice lad.

He seems to be here to play for McClaren which is nice that we have a manager that players respect and want to play for. All that media hammering he's taken has clearly not harmed in on the inside of the football world. Still a well respected coach. Dare I say a top class coach considering his haul at United.

No disrespect to Nigel but we seem to have more access now? Both Keane and Wisdom could have stopped off at a few stronger sides without coming to help us out of midtable. Now they are here, assuming Keane is pretty much verbally agreed to stay until May, I don't see us finishing lower than 7th.

This is strong year for this league as the likes of Leicester and Watford missed out. A big spender came down and brought a quality yoyo team with them. To make an impact this year against these sides and including £ore$t I think would be quite an achievement.

Archived