Michael Keane

North_Stand_Ram

Really like the look of Keane and would have him in front of Keogh any time, and there's no way you can drop Bucko. I read somewhere that a deal with Leicester was close at the end of last season (might be nonsense) but if Man U are willing to sell, we should be looking very closely at that.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only problem is Keogh is captain and before he got injured we were on that winning run. I think about 6 in a row.

So you can't say he hasn't been playing well.

Obviously at the start of the season Keogh was poor but under Steve he has been very good.

Personally I think it's the perfect move by the club. Keane on loan until Keogh is back fit works well. Then Whitbread as the cover throughout it all.

If we play unbelievably well in the next 30 days with Keane at the back then maybe reconsider extending Keane's loan but that would pretty much strip Keogh of the captaincy and a starting XI place.

No sentiment for me if keane and bucko do well they keep the shirt.

People seem to be getting on about our wide players not defending. I think one of the good Things Steve mc has done is play more positive and the front 3 are that, 3 attackers to hurt the opposition. Before when we played 433 our wide players were more worried about defending and were deep then couldn't get up to support the front players man

Keane gets better with each game, I think we could still use him after Keogh comes back.

Find a new role for him as others have suggested.

Why find him a new role? Why not keep him at CH and force Keogh to wait his turn? He and Bucko look a decent partnership so why should Keogh walk straight back into the team?

Why find him a new role? Why not keep him at CH and force Keogh to wait his turn? He and Bucko look a decent partnership so why should Keogh walk straight back into the team?

Because he and Bucko had a good partnership before Keane came in. And for a longer period.

Not to mention, Keogh's the captain too.

Because he and Bucko had a good partnership before Keane came in. And for a longer period.

Not to mention, Keogh's the captain too.

Did they though? I thought for all of last season and the start of this they have never really looked solid yet have had about one good month as a pair. Also why should the captain get in any quicker than anyone else?

Did they though? I thought for all of last season and the start of this they have never really looked solid yet have had about one good month as a pair. Also why should the captain get in any quicker than anyone else?

Generally speaking you would pick your captain over a 20 year old loanee. Keane looks good but you'd expect Keogh to win his place back when fit.

Generally speaking you would pick your captain over a 20 year old loanee. Keane looks good but you'd expect Keogh to win his place back when fit.

Why wouldnt you? If he plays better or is a better player you play. Being captain shouldnt make any difference. I dont understand why the captain has special privialges, Keogh is decent but that not that good to walk back in if someone is playing well

Since the Mac's come in, yes. They've both been great.

The captain should be the first name on the teamsheet for his leadership qualities and intangibles.

Archived