Michael Keane

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is strong year for this league as the likes of Leicester and Watford missed out. A big spender came down and brought a quality yoyo team with them. To make an impact this year against these sides and including £ore$t I think would be quite an achievement.

I'm waiting for Florist to go into proper R2 meltdown - key Kevin Keegan "Luv it" speech from me when Fridgy gets bored with the whole rotten lot of them and is last seen walking out of the stadium with two 'giant' screens and the boardroom air conditioning unit strapped to the side of his camel.

Yes, he did. 2-1 Derby

Back four was Konchesky, St Ledger, Morgan and Keane.

They lost Keogh from a deep free kick for the first one, and their fullback got gubbed by Forsyth who put a perfect cross on Chris Martin's head for the second just before half time.

Can't remember their defence covering itself in glory that night, but seem to recall St Ledger was the weak link.

Quote.....

As the first drew to a close, it got worse for City, when Michael (?) Forsyth, crossed from the right and Chris Martin had an easy header to put the ball into the corner of then net, again St Ledger and Keane stood still as Martin rose unchallenged to double Derby's lead.

Derby 2 City 0 44 minutes.

Hmmm

Last time we had a Barker and Keen on the staff we had a pretty decent team, (so I was told).

Behave, you'd been going for years by that point. :D

• 1 month later...

Interesting that Mac in his post Wigan interview said that we would be signing Dawkins prom but that the Keane loan would be ' extended until the end of Jan'. Whilst good in the short term I am not so sure it is longer term. I suspect Utd and the player are not convinced that he will end playing regularly when Keogh is back and fit. Without regular first team footsie guaranteed he will be off elsewhere . Whilst Mac etc might feel that Whitbread offers the cover we need if that happens I am not so sure . For a start Whitbread has hardly been the most injury free player himself in the past.

Dawkins I like except that he doesn't cover Forsythe as well as he should and tends to get dragged up field and into the middle too much. And I am sorry, but his shooting outside of the box is absolute pants. There must have been well over a dozen attempts in the last few games and they all went well wide. Mac - get him some shooting practice !

Dawkins I like except that he doesn't cover Forsythe as well as he should and tends to get dragged up field and into the middle too much. And I am sorry, but his shooting outside of the box is absolute pants. There must have been well over a dozen attempts in the last few games and they all went well wide. Mac - get him some shooting practice !

Yes - his missed chance yesterday when set up by Sammon was our undoing. A goal then would have broken the tension and set us up for a win. He needs to be calmer in those situations. Lively player though.

Dawkins I like except that he doesn't cover Forsythe as well as he should and tends to get dragged up field and into the middle too much.

You obviously didn't see Russell trying to cover Wisdom at Barnsley.

I am actually dreading Keogh coming back. I like Keane and think he makes better decisions than Keogh. He is also far more commanding in the air and can actually head it more than ten yards!

If there is any chance of getting him permanently, we should. All great teams need a great centre half.

Yes - his missed chance yesterday when set up by Sammon was our undoing. A goal then would have broken the tension and set us up for a win. He needs to be calmer in those situations. Lively player though.

I thought that missed chance was brilliant defending.

Archived