RM targeted

WilkoRam

http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/articles/news/article/19772295

Concerning on two fronts. Firstly that we are looking at RM's. First he's spoken of that. Before it was CM's then CM's and CB's. Doesn't fill me with confidence that he knows his squad. Then again this is one interview and it doesn't exclude the others. Maybe we should see who he signs.

More worrying was the talk at the end about wages. WTF? How are we still in this position? I'd love to know the wage bill of all the teams so that I can maybe be reassured that others are lower than ours.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am getting sick and tired of this wage bill stuff. We sold Brayford, Tyson is off and O' Connor on loan and we still have to fight wage bill. In my mind these owners could **** off and sell the club to someone who cares more about the club than their billions in their bank account. :angry:

Ben Davies doesn't even get a mention in the article. Jacobs and Ward prefer left and Coutts centre.

That's what struck me too. No mention of Davies. Before I read it, my reaction to the headline was "we have Coutts, Davies, Jacobs if need be" I'm not overly convinced it's an area we need to look at if money is so tight. Unless we get some creative genius to help us unlock oppo defences but after the failed attempts to find such a player in the years previous, I don't hold out much hope.

At the end of last season we had the lies and spin to sell season tickets again, people fell for it again and now a month into the season having sold our best defender for a wedge of money and offloaded some big earners the manager is talking about getting loans in while trying to reach 'certain budgetary targets' . When are people going to learn that this board is taking the p*ss out of them year after year? After everything Rush said at the end of last season we are once again scrabbling around in the loan market trying to cover glaring gaps in our squad - its absolutely criminal.

Well this is the first time we've had a bench that actually offers something. First time we've ever had any competition.

So if we need to cut the wage bill during the next couple of windows then I suggest Nigel gets promotion this year or we'll never get promoted.

At the end of last season we had the lies and spin to sell season tickets again, people fell for it again and now a month into the season having sold our best defender for a wedge of money and offloaded some big earners the manager is talking about getting loans in while trying to reach 'certain budgetary targets' . When are people going to learn that this board is taking the p*ss out of them year after year? After everything Rush said at the end of last season we are once again scrabbling around in the loan market trying to cover glaring gaps in our squad - its absolutely criminal.

Good point, very stupid of Rush not to foresee that Hendrick was going to get injured 3 weeks into the season. Criminal.

In fairness I don't think Clough ever said CM

He said we would look to bring in a player on loan to strengthen the midfield.

Everyone assumed we would be getting a CM and therefore started arguing we need a CB more.

So now the new debate is do we need a CB or RM more?

He did say about a replacement for Hendrick so that's where the assumption came from. Unless we consider Hendrick a RM, I know we like square pegs in round holes

Erm... Everyone keeps asking why we're still looking to reduce wages... Have any of you seen the state of football finance? The incomings of most clubs barely cover the wage bill... we'll ALWAYS be in a position where the wage bill is too high...

BUT

That hasn't stopped Nigel bringing in 6 new players this window... Players whom I would have thought are on higher wages than their replacements...

I would have thought tha wage bill chat is as much for the benefit of agents and other clubs... You keep complaining about it and everyone comes into negotiations with you with a much lower target...

I cannot see how this can be anything other than proof that Clough is totally mental!

Coutts played a whole season, to the point of being burnt out, on the right of midfield, and for the first 80% of it was one of our most consistent and productive players, yet he now wants to be central?

Ben Davies was rewarded for being one of the most professional footballers in recent memory, and one of the most reliable and competent players in ANY position, with a one year contract, yes doesn't get a mention?

Michael Jacobs is ALL right-foot, cannot get a look in on the left due to Ward/Bryson/Hughes being the preferred square-peg out there, yet he's described by Nigel as a left.

All this says to me is that Nigel wastes money, doesn't trust his players, is unconvinced with his own judgement, and writes players off way too easily.

I've said if before, I wouldn't trust Clough with magic beans! His whole transfer history at Derby has two successes, Bailey and Brayford for me, and one of them is gone and the other been sent to Coventry!

I cannot see how this can be anything other than proof that Clough is totally mental!

Coutts played a whole season, to the point of being burnt out, on the right of midfield, and for the first 80% of it was one of our most consistent and productive players, yet he now wants to be central?

Ben Davies was rewarded for being one of the most professional footballers in recent memory, and one of the most reliable and competent players in ANY position, with a one year contract, yes doesn't get a mention?

Michael Jacobs is ALL right-foot, cannot get a look in on the left due to Ward/Bryson/Hughes being the preferred square-peg out there, yet he's described by Nigel as a left.

All this says to me is that Nigel wastes money, doesn't trust his players, is unconvinced with his own judgement, and writes players off way too easily.

I've said if before, I wouldn't trust Clough with magic beans! His whole transfer history at Derby has two successes, Bailey and Brayford for me, and one of them is gone and the other been sent to Coventry!

you stated only Bailey and Brayford as a transfer success, despite writing Coutts was our most productive and consistent player for 80% of the season? Is that not a success in your eyes then?

Archived