RM targeted

WilkoRam

If the Burnley game wasn't an eye opener for NC about the inadequacies of the defence then I'm seriously thinking of joining the BCO boys.

Yes the RM is a place that could do with a boost,but so is LB and RB.I'd look at a CB first,but then I'm just a fan.

What really p1sses me off is how wealthy our Yank owners are.FFS they're obscenely rich.

I know this will be a dumb question but

BCO boys?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must say this fits uneasily with a claim that the wage bill budget had increased by £2m this year,made in a recent RD phone in.Also noticed the presenter said that it came from a vague "the club",but seem to remember he first referred to  the "player budget",before later changing to players' wages.Will have to see if that episode is still available.

Unfortunately,episode not available on "play again".

I don't really get criticisms of the board for things like this.  We have 3 players on the books who Clough seems reluctant to play who could (and in the case of 2 of them naturally do) play on the right wing.  Jacobs and Davies have hardly had a look in but the moment the wage budget is mentioned it's boo to the board for being stingy?

Why should the board sanction more money?  Those 3 were all brought in by Clough who now doesn't want to play them and wants someone else.  How many times does he have to do this before the board point out that he's got players - players that he wanted - and that he should perhaps think about using them?

Erm... Not to put any doubts into what mostyn is saying but...

Couldn't it be the case that, even though Coutts played well last season, and Bavies has been a trooper they might want an even better RM?

Not saying that's the case bit Nigel brought Coutts in originally as a backup CM to Hendrick and Bryson... And he's made it very clear Bavies is a squad player not first choice...

Maybe he's decided he wants to like, improve the squad? By getting a better RM in? With a view to buying in Jan? Would that be a bad thing?

Couldn't it be the case that, even though Coutts played well last season, and Bavies has been a trooper they might want an even better RM?

Not saying that's the case bit Nigel brought Coutts in originally as a backup CM to Hendrick and Bryson... And he's made it very clear Bavies is a squad player not first choice...

Maybe he's decided he wants to like, improve the squad? By getting a better RM in? With a view to buying in Jan? Would that be a bad thing?

This,

People moan that of some our players aren't top 6 quality, but when he look at replacing those players, people moan that Clough doesn't rate them or doesn't like them. Damned if he doesn't ad damned if he does.

This,

People moan that of some our players aren't top 6 quality, but when he look at replacing those players, people moan that Clough doesn't rate them or doesn't like them. Damned if he doesn't ad damned if he does.

I both like and rate Coutts... And I think Nigel does too...

But he's NOT the best RM in the league and if we can get one who's better then great... That seems to be what Nigel's looking to do...

Still doesn't answer the question of why do we have to wait to sign a player now rather than getting the signing in before the close of the main window? Loans more often than not don't help the team long term. I doubt any loan now will be with a view to a permanent. (Bananas.... Clough does know how to irritate me )

The opening sentence on the article in the DET is :-

A RIGHT-SIDED midfielder is on Derby County’s wanted list as they search the emergency loan market.

People always harp on about Clough being honest and telling it as it is, so I think you're wrong. If this was a loan with a view, he would have done it last weekend (or before), but now as he's only got the emergency loan system available, he won't be able to get a loan from now until end of season.

As others have pointed out, it's madness to be looking to improve somewhere we have competent options, when there are areas with one option only, that need addressing.

How many of the 93% have the financial clout to just go out, buy and pay the salary of a CB? It is the easiest thing in the World to say they should be spending money here and spending it there. It was a ridiculous poll with options that looked as if they had been dreamed up by a five year old. I suspect that if NC had no budget to balance he would also get another CB.

Still doesn't answer the question of why do we have to wait to sign a player now rather than getting the signing in before the close of the main window? Loans more often than not don't help the team long term. I doubt any loan now will be with a view to a permanent. (Bananas.... Clough does know how to irritate me )

The Premiership teams will have had to name their 25 man squad for the first half of the season. We will be looking at those outside of the squad who will need regular competitive games.

The opening sentence on the article in the DET is :-

A RIGHT-SIDED midfielder is on Derby County’s wanted list as they search the emergency loan market.

People always harp on about Clough being honest and telling it as it is, so I think you're wrong. If this was a loan with a view, he would have done it last weekend (or before), but now as he's only got the emergency loan system available, he won't be able to get a loan from now until end of season.

As others have pointed out, it's madness to be looking to improve somewhere we have competent options, when there are areas with one option only, that need addressing.

I guess we can always loan until the end of this year and sign in the next January window.

Archived