RM targeted

WilkoRam

you stated only Bailey and Brayford as a transfer success, despite writing Coutts was our most productive and consistent player for 80% of the season? Is that not a success in your eyes then?

No because he's lasted one season before Clough wants to replace him

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we beat Burnley 3-0 going into the international break then this interview would probably be described as "encouraging" by a lot of people on here.

As it is I'm young and impressionable and as the last game I saw was a 3-0 defeat I now think Nigel Clough is incompetent in every way imaginable.

So boooo to him. Clueless man. He's mental he is. Get someone else in who never loses.

I don't see how Bailey can be a success (although I like him as a player) if Coutts is considered a failure due to falling out of favour with Nigel.

Personally don't see us having a balanced squad and I see no link between Defence, Midfield and Attack. We lack any flow in the team.

Maybe we can get a good CM who can use the ball, a RM to link to the attack and maybe we can see some sort of cohesion when going forward. Time will tell.

We should start 'Clough Watch' let's say another 12 games and see how he rates every week and then a judgement at the end.

Worrying that we sign nobody during the window and then complain that there's not enough available when we try and get them a week later. It's almost like we should have tried to sign them sooner.

You could go mad trying to analyse every tiny detail of every utterance from the manager.....it really dunna matter who he signs or who plays tbh.....he'll be judged by performances and league position this season.

You could go mad trying to analyse every tiny detail of every utterance from the manager.....it really dunna matter who he signs or who plays tbh.....he'll be judged by performances and league position this season.

True we live in an age where everything is out there somewhere for the average joe to analyse and come to conclusions over the slightest thing. However I still don't fully understand the idea that waiting until now seemed the best idea

At the end of last season we had the lies and spin to sell season tickets again, people fell for it again and now a month into the season having sold our best defender for a wedge of money and offloaded some big earners the manager is talking about getting loans in while trying to reach 'certain budgetary targets' . When are people going to learn that this board is taking the p*ss out of them year after year? After everything Rush said at the end of last season we are once again scrabbling around in the loan market trying to cover glaring gaps in our squad - its absolutely criminal.

I don't get this argument Jayram.

I renewed knowing full well that our wage budget is well down the list of championship clubs. Did some people seriously believe we were going to become big payers and spenders? I doubt it.

To me, Nige deserves this season to see what he can do with his own team at this level of financial constraint. It doesn't seem possible that we can compete with the vast wage bills of our competitors but who knows. If it happens it'll be up there with anything we've done in the past....

If this season is deemed a failure then i think the momentum for change (owners/manager/both) will be overwhelming.

5 games in is a bit soon to panic.

Mostyn has campaigned against Clough since the day he signed for Derby. Its a bit much to expect logic from him on this subject... :D

to be fair, that's wildly incorrect. I've never campaigned against Clough yet. If you're suggesting I've been against his appointment, that is untrue too. It was about May 2009 before I realised we were flogging a dead horse.

Wrist slashers agogo.

1. Every club in the world has to balance their wage bill.

2. Real Madrid arguably the richest team in the world had to sell Kaka ad Ozil to buy Bale.

3. Up until a couple of weeks ago, we had added Martin, Grant, Forsyth, Russell and Eustace with only the loss of Brayford and Doyle, so we were obviously going to have to sell before we could buy or loan, we are now in that position. 

4 Clough said we'll have to check the wage budget before we make a move. He didn't say wages would stop him bringing someone in, but will obviously dictate who we bring in and how many.

5. If you were going to buy a major purchase like a settee or a tv, would you check your bank balance first or just wander off to the shops. Of course you would.

6. Our attendances are down a couple of thousand and leaving aside the reasons why, this will take £500,000 out of the budget, or one very good player's wages. 

Keep Calm and Carry on Moaning

If the Burnley game wasn't an eye opener for NC about the inadequacies of the defence then I'm seriously thinking of joining the BCO boys.

Yes the RM is a place that could do with a boost,but so is LB and RB.I'd look at a CB first,but then I'm just a fan.

What really p1sses me off is how wealthy our Yank owners are.FFS they're obscenely rich.

Archived