Nathan Tyson/Nigel Clough row

ladyram

Am I getting this wrong or is this just another example of taking something and pulling our manager apart.

I said earlier that I liked Nathan Tyson, I liked him cos he realised he'd not had teh greatest of times with us but that he was leaving with best wishes and not too many of us having a dig at him for contributing less than feck all despite being one of our highest paid players.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US knew that Tyson was availalble and that we were looking to off load him, it's been like that since the end of last season.  The list of 7 available players was put online in May or June.

I'm not sure how clear he needs to make it,we weren't in his plans and he wasn't in ours. Nathan asked to move, just because he got to Milwall and it didn't work out for him, then he comes back and tells everybody he's pleased to be back and ready to crack on?

"I didn't get a fair chance at Milwall"

"I didn't play where I wanted to play at Forest"

"the manager at Derby didn't tell me why i wasn't playing"

It's not my fault, ever, it's everyone else for not pciking me.......

How about this Nath, you weren't given a fair chance because you weren't available for 75% of the time. No more no less. 

Sorry but the cowardice here is from Nathan Tyson. If you wanted to be here so badly, don't feck off on loan the first sign that things are not working out. Don't try to kick a manager who made you his key signing and who took so much flak for doing so it's not true. Was it Nigels fault you couldnt kick a ball while you were here?

We paid his wages for 12 months when he did nothing, we kept putting him in the squad the second he was fit enough to walk, then before he's played 10 games in a row he's whining that he should be first choice and if he's not he's got to go out on loan.

I'll say it again and I'll keep saying it till I'm blue in the face. He wanted to leave, he didn't think he owed us anything at all for the lost year as far as I'm concerned now he's bang out of order.

Weird that in that interview he didn't mention that he'd been paid a fortune to not be able to kick a ball for us or that for long periods of time here, he'd totally lost his bottle.

On contribution alone he should have been got rid of last year.

Very disappointing that someone who has made very little contribution to our club seeks this kind of attention after he's gone.

Anyway I'm sure now he's out and he's got a proper manager, we'll see him play 40 odd games up front banging in the goals for fun.

Watch this space.

Absolutely spot on for me.

The press statement came out 9th May, Clough or Tyson may well have been off on their holidays. Sure, Nigel could have phoned Nathan, but what on earth are representatives for if not for things like this, especially during close season?

If a player is happy to let his representatives do the talking during negotiations and whatever else during his spell here, why should they expect the personal touch when it comes to being put on the transfer list, especially after they've already made it explicitly clear they don't want to stick around if they aren't first choice!?

Tyson instigated the situation, we allowed him what he wanted - we owe him nothing except for the loyalty bonus he's no doubt collecting from us.

It's Rush's job to deal with contract negotiations and transfers and such. Clough is perfectly within reason to defer such things to him during close season, just as he deferred the introduction of Russell to Craig Bryson.

It's entirely different to receiving a letter at home saying you've been sacked without notice, on the same day you're at work, blissfully unaware and going about your business.until your wife phones you up to tell you - that's not a professional arrangement, representatives are, that's their job!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's another one of those situations that a lot of people won't agree on.

Personally I just think its common curtesy. Manners cost nothing. Sure there's people there to help facilitate communication etc but when you work with someone daily then even if you don't 'break' the news it would be polite to at least speak to him next time you see them to just explain. Is it me that just thinks it's the polite thing to do? I'm not saying he should buy him a basket of fruit, sort out a leaving collection and organise a farewell party.

I don't like it, seems rude when there really is no point - why not sit the lad down and explain to him the situation, takes about 5 minutes.

Didn't have Clough down as a coward but this situations just smacks of it.

Doesn't do anything at all to change my opinion on Clough but, just seems lazy and cowardly to me.

Clough is rude, disrespectful and a bully.

Am I getting this wrong or is this just another example of taking something and pulling our manager apart.

I said earlier that I liked Nathan Tyson, I liked him cos he realised he'd not had teh greatest of times with us but that he was leaving with best wishes and not too many of us having a dig at him for contributing less than feck all despite being one of our highest paid players.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US knew that Tyson was availalble and that we were looking to off load him, it's been like that since the end of last season. The list of 7 available players was put online in May or June.

I'm not sure how clear he needs to make it,we weren't in his plans and he wasn't in ours. Nathan asked to move, just because he got to Milwall and it didn't work out for him, then he comes back and tells everybody he's pleased to be back and ready to crack on?

"I didn't get a fair chance at Milwall"

"I didn't play where I wanted to play at Forest"

"the manager at Derby didn't tell me why i wasn't playing"

It's not my fault, ever, it's everyone else for not pciking me.......

How about this Nath, you weren't given a fair chance because you weren't available for 75% of the time. No more no less.

Sorry but the cowardice here is from Nathan Tyson. If you wanted to be here so badly, don't feck off on loan the first sign that things are not working out. Don't try to kick a manager who made you his key signing and who took so much flak for doing so it's not true. Was it Nigels fault you couldnt kick a ball while you were here?

We paid his wages for 12 months when he did nothing, we kept putting him in the squad the second he was fit enough to walk, then before he's played 10 games in a row he's whining that he should be first choice and if he's not he's got to go out on loan.

I'll say it again and I'll keep saying it till I'm blue in the face. He wanted to leave, he didn't think he owed us anything at all for the lost year as far as I'm concerned now he's bang out of order.

Weird that in that interview he didn't mention that he'd been paid a fortune to not be able to kick a ball for us or that for long periods of time here, he'd totally lost his bottle.

On contribution alone he should have been got rid of last year.

Very disappointing that someone who has made very little contribution to our club seeks this kind of attention after he's gone.

Anyway I'm sure now he's out and he's got a proper manager, we'll see him play 40 odd games up front banging in the goals for fun.

Watch this space.

Absolute rubbish.

Nathan would not have left Derby if he was given a fair chance.

Yes he was injured and did everything he could to get fit ASAP. As soon as he was fit and getting a run in the side, looking sharp and scoring, he got dropped.. It's soul destroying as a player when you train well all week, and then don't get a look in on match day.

People say that he was high earner.. Maybe that's true, but he only took what he was offered, and wanted to give his all for the club. The reason he isn't here anymore is because the manager has no idea how to manage senior players. He treats them like children when he doesn't need to.

All the Derby fans who don't know about the bad side of clough will hopefully find out one day, but by the time this happens all the decent players that clough has signed will be long gone.

Don't blame players, because its not always their fault.

If anyone has read the later book about Brian Clough, "nobody ever says thank you", it tells on many occasions of Brian Clough's ruthless streak when it came to getting rid of players, and even more so when someone was injured, they were isolated.

I bash Nigel on many things, and yes, we'd like to communicate in many ways, but there are a lot of players out there who say their things through their agents, I have no real issue with this. It could've been handled better, but I tend to think that more time should be spent concentrating on the present to future, and once it was decided that Tyson is the past, then a courtesy conversation with ANYONE (in this case Sam Rush) via Tyson's representative will suffice.

Absolute rubbish.

Yes he was injured and did everything he could to get fit ASAP. As soon as he was fit and getting a run in the side, looking sharp and scoring, he got dropped.. It's soul destroying as a player when you train well all week, and then don't get a look in on match day.

People say that he was high earner.. Maybe that's true, but he only took what he was offered, and wanted to give his all for the club. The reason he isn't here anymore is because the manager has no idea how to manage senior players. He treats them like children when he doesn't need to.

All the Derby fans who don't know about the bad side of clough will hopefully find out one day, but by the time this happens all the decent players that clough has signed will be long gone.

He played 24 times in 2011 - got no goals.

In 2012 he'd been involved in 16 games from the start of the season to when he asked to go out on loan.

Conor Sammon played 25 times in the same period.

Hardly the frozen out player he'd like to portray.

Ask him why when he'd took nearly a full seasons salary out of the club for being on his arse for year did he suddenly feel it was time to go out on loan?

Ask him that seriously and see if it even entered his head? He seems like a clever and nice enough chap, maybe it just didn't register what a massive kick in the nuts asking to go out on loan would be.

Once he's back from Milwall then maybe that's the point we've frozen him out, but I for one understand the reasons fully.

I'd stop short of applauding them but I think any sensible person can see that Nathan Tyson owed us a little more than we owed him, if we're talking about balance.

Nathan Tyson: Derby boss Nigel Clough denies ignoring striker

Derby County manager Nigel Clough has denied claims by Nathan Tyson that the striker was kept in the dark about his prospects at Pride Park.

Tyson joined Blackpool on a free deal on transfer deadline day after two injury-hit seasons and is unhappy with the way his departure was handled.

He claimed he did not want to leave and said Clough did not tell him when he was put on the transfer list.

But Clough told BBC Radio Derby he spoke to him at the end of last season.

"He did some pre-season with us but he always knew the situation," Clough said. "That was the reason we didn't give him a squad number. If you don't work it out when you don't get a squad number then you are struggling.

"We had a chat at the end of last season about the situation. Sam Rush [chief executive] was in constant contact with his dad, who works as his representative."

Tyson, who joined Derby from Nottingham Forest in June 2011, told BBC Radio Lancashire: "The manager didn't even come and tell me [about being put on the transfer list].

"The chief executive told my representatives that there was a press release coming out and I was on the transfer list. That's how I found out.

"Derby are a fantastic club and I didn't want to leave. When I got told that I was being put on the transfer list at the end of last season, I thought 'why?'"

But despite the unhappy exit, Clough said he had no regrets about signing Tyson and said his bad luck with injuries meant he lost ground in the fight to earn a regular place.

"He got that injury a couple of years ago," Clough said. "He started brilliantly and then got whacked in the last pre-season game against Aston Villa and that put him out for about four or five months.

"He came back and played very well at Christmas but he just gradually knocked down the pecking order.

"He was so unlucky with the injury he got in the first few months. He never really got that long run being injury free, so we never got that extended look at him. He never managed to get that consistency we were looking for."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23990547

That bold bit's a huge burn!

I like Nathan, really nice lad and I really hope it works our for him at Blackpool. But come on, Cloughie's right again... everybody on here knew he would be going and that was before the end of last season!

To be honest, I thought he looked really sharp at Vale and was hoping that he'd pulled it back, so it's a shame really as he's super quick which is just what we need sometimes...

To look at it from a players point of view. You must always have it in your mind that you can get back in the first team. You'd like the think that door is always open as long as you work hard and show what you're capable of. It may have been "obvious" but I think most players and clubs work on a policy of you can always work your way back into the first team unless you've been told otherwise. That's probably why it felt harsh to Tyson. Not actually being told that the door is shut, just the attitude of he should have figured it out. Again for me common curtesy comes into play.

"If you don't work it out when you don't get a squad number then you are struggling."

Did Shaun Barker have a squad number last season? Hmmm...

Glad Tyson is gone, but YOU signed him Nigel knowing he was injury prone, YOU gave him the number 9 shirt as if he's the answer to all our problems. YOU acted asthough he would bang in the goals, despite not having a prolific season since his days at Wycombe Wanderers. YOU signed him to a three year deal, knowing his hamstring could go at any second.

Both parties are in the wrong; Nigel for signing a injury prone hasbeen and Tyson for being a injury prone hasbeen.

Absolute rubbish.

I don't know - Nathan Tyson is hardly what I would class a decent player, never showed anything other than being a vastly over-paid and mistake from Clough.

We needed him out the door ASAP and it took a last ditch gamble by Blackpool to get it - I liked Tyson as a person but wanted him out as soon as it came apparent how injury prone and poor he is. 

A squad number is completely irrelevant to a players position within the side.

Jake Buxtons number 5 shirt from last season is now taken up by a player who more than likely wont kick a ball this season.

Adam Legzdins former number 13 jersey is now......Saul Deeneys. Does that mean Legzdins position within the squad is now in jeopardy?

Calum Ball isn't wanted this season, yet he has a number oddly enough.

Means sod all a squad number. Didn't the supporters have one afew years back? Does that mean we would've most likely have got a game at PP over Tyson? Actually don't answer that XD

A squad number is completely irrelevant to a players position within the side.

Jake Buxtons number 5 shirt from last season is now taken up by a player who more than likely wont kick a ball this season.

Adam Legzdins former number 13 jersey is now......Saul Deeneys. Does that mean Legzdins position within the squad is now in jeopardy?

Calum Ball isn't wanted this season, yet he has a number oddly enough.

Means sod all a squad number. Didn't the supporters have one afew years back? Does that mean we would've most likely have got a game at PP over Tyson? Actually don't answer that XD

Everyone else has ignored this nonsense but  :)  :D  :lol:

Archived