Nathan Tyson/Nigel Clough row

ladyram

How do you know any of this? Seems a hell of a lot of assumption going on. Not liked by players and managers elsewhere? Why did Eustace come then? Forsyth? Grant? All from champ teams. Kind of suggests your theory is wrong.

That's 3 players! How many players have come into the club since clough has been manager? The majority are from lower league or abroad. I'm not assuming anything. I know that clough is all the things I have said. If I go into detail my posts will be deleted like they were before.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally, someone is realizing that there is a pattern. You ask most players in the champ if they would play for Derby and they would say yes because the stadium is nice and the fan base is good. Ask them if they would play for clough and the majority would say "no chance". Clough is not liked by players or other managers. This is why Derby rarely get players from other championship clubs because no one wants to deal with clough, hence why he has to shop in the lower leagues or abroad.

Seriously, he needs to go.

I can only assume you have spoken personally to most Championship players and managers. How on earth you find time to visit a forum as well is beyond me. I would love some lessons on time management from you.

Football is a ruthless business. Players are paid vast sums of money to perform to a standard commensurate with their reward. I don't know how many of you are employed in a seriously responsible capacity (50k +) but since when did this playground attitude of "being nice" come into play?

Is it something to do with the recent educational phase where it was declared there were to be no losers at sports day? Was it when all of a sudden exams became easy and just about every man and his dog was capable of GCSE grade C and above?

Reality is if you are paid the kind of money these guys are paid then you have to grow up pretty fast and realise what is expected of you. Specifically about Nathan Tyson, what stopped him asking to see Nigel and running through everything? The article says his Dad is his agent and that Sam Rush was in contact all the time. Come on.............. Nathans pride is hurt that's all. He should man up, grow up and get over it as should some of you.

I work in a role which has a lot of responsibility. I am expected to perform daily and if I don't then there can be serious consequences. I have to be pretty thick skinned to do it too. However, if I wasn't performing and the boss was looking to move me to a different department or unit I would expect the common curtesy of a meeting and a chat. The reasons explained to me etc. maybe all of my peers would see it was obvious I wasn't cut out for the role and I should know but that wouldn't change what was expected by the bosses.

"Playground attitude"? Hardly. Don't know when manners, professionalism and common curtesy became something from a playground. If anything I would say the opposite was the case and those are the things lacking in a playground.

This has nothing to do with pink and fluffy everyone wins a medal type attitude (which is ridiculous in my eyes - different topic though). Nobody is suggesting Nigel should have given him a hug, then take him out for a meal and break the news gently to him saying "look, it's not you Nathan, it's me" it's about running a professional business and acting in a professional way.

Not really. I just don't like the way he treats people. He is horrible man

Do you know someone who thinks they've been treated unfairly by him?

That's 3 players! How many players have come into the club since clough has been manager? The majority are from lower league or abroad. I'm not assuming anything. I know that clough is all the things I have said. If I go into detail my posts will be deleted like they were before.

I hate you for posing this question as I know I won't be able to let it go now and will have to look and produce some sort of table for the results. Will be about an hour, need to wait until my daughter is having a nap for that

I would like to know how the careers of these players Nigel has treated unfairly have gone, I'm sure it's been done before time and time again.

I'm guessing this is down to Nigel dropping these quality players unfairly, making them play in the U21's as he ***** himself that he's bought players that might actually win promotion. These players are somehow forgotten, the explosive strike force that was Theo n Tyson (TNT), how the **** were they not snapped up by clubs looking to go up? QPR, Wigan, Watford etc.

Doncaster and Blackpool, no disrespect to either but surely these two should have found clubs better than that? 

Could it be a pride issue? not wanting to accept they are not good enough, taking cheap shots at Nigel as they depart. I understand it, who want's to be told they are not good enough? I wouldn't want a footballer that shrugs his shoulders and says ok, never mind I'll just go play down the league somewhere, cheers for the chance tho, appreciate it. 

Have a chat with Tyson, Theo, Cywka, Maguire, Shackell yeah I'm sure they will be full of praise for Nigel, ffs. You think this is unique to Derby County and Nigel Clough? Look at Ibrahimovic on Guardiola who is regarded as one of the best managers in the game, oh but he's a nutcase, don't listen to him....oh ok, that's alright then. I'm sure Tyson isn't a nutcase and this is totally different.

This Nigel and Tyson thing is ******, pick who you want to believe but how on earth Nigel thought Tyson would stay fit and be a number 9 is beyond me. Shocking signing, absolutely shocking. I'm sure Tyson is a great guy, wants to play, tries hard but his body won't allow it. Plenty of players that have had their careers destroyed by injury, Kieron Dyer, Ferrie Bodde off the top of my head.

All this he didn't tell me, so and so told me ******, oh **** off. Tyson knew, how, when and why we will never know, I'm sure both are not being totally honest. You pick who you want to believe and that's it, personally I couldn't give a ****, we should never have signed him in the first place.

Sorry Davey B but I'm calling ****** on your ask every player and manager, you might want to try it yourself rather than going on who you have spoken to, I doubt you have spoken to every single player. I doubt Tyson can speak on behalf of every player nor can Theo. Have you had a word with Shaun Barker recently? ask him how he's getting on, maybe have a chat on Nigel? Strange that you only ever pop up to defend players that are not good enough and moved on, blasting Nigel. Are you a Derby fan or a players mate? any comments on how games recently or are you here just to spread your vast inside knowledge on how the footballing world views our club and manager. What do you hope to gain by it? for us all to believe the word of some guy on the internet and go down Pride Park in numbers and protest, Nigel Out!! Get a decent manager in that brings back the TNT striker force that blasts us to the Premiership?

I work in a role which has a lot of responsibility. I am expected to perform daily and if I don't then there can be serious consequences. I have to be pretty thick skinned to do it too. However, if I wasn't performing and the boss was looking to move me to a different department or unit I would expect the common curtesy of a meeting and a chat. The reasons explained to me etc. maybe all of my peers would see it was obvious I wasn't cut out for the role and I should know but that wouldn't change what was expected by the bosses.

"Playground attitude"? Hardly. Don't know when manners, professionalism and common curtesy became something from a playground. If anything I would say the opposite was the case and those are the things lacking in a playground.

This has nothing to do with pink and fluffy everyone wins a medal type attitude (which is ridiculous in my eyes - different topic though). Nobody is suggesting Nigel should have given him a hug, then take him out for a meal and break the news gently to him saying "look, it's not you Nathan, it's me" it's about running a professional business and acting in a professional way.

Doesn't sound like you are in contract work and are more used to "Human Resource" management.

Daveo,

I don't think anyone is saying that Tyson or the TNT strike force had championship teams running scared and Nigel split it up as he doesn't want us to get up. Neither were good enough, neither should have been signed. Maybe they were seen and a stop gap, a shirt term fix until we got better. I don't know, seems an expensive stop gap in respect of Tyson. It's just how you treat people and treating them with respect no matter how good or bad they were. Manners shouldn't be reserved for those players who are any good.

It's not like Ibra either. Reading his comments he was annoyed because the players weren't being show off's and were respectful to Pep and behaved. That's a strange criticism. If Ibra had said "Suddenly Pep didn't speak to me. Didn't explain why and I ended up frozen out and training with the reserves. He never even told me I was transfer listed" then that's a bit different to him saying he had a pop at Pep and Pep said nothing back etc. his comments are odd and shouldn't really be help in comparison to this situation.

I do feel this is maybe blown up out of proportion. Now, however much I don't like it, it's not this big an issue. Maybe it's a lack of a game day to talk about that we're discussing it so much?

Archived