Nathan Tyson/Nigel Clough row

ladyram

Just read a tweet from Tyson, stating that Nigel did not tell him he was on the transfer list? And that he was 'just dropped'. It was SR who told Tysons representatives.

Ooooo, more mud slinging...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read a tweet from Tyson, stating that Nigel did not tell him he was on the transfer list? And that he was 'just dropped'. It was SR who told Tysons representatives.

Ooooo, more mud slinging...

He didn't tweet it, it was an interview he did with BBC Radio Lancashire that was repeated on Radio Derby tonight.

"I did do pre-season and wasn't thoroughly left out doing pre-season, but it was towards when they started playing the games, I was ended up training with the kids, and, yeah it's hard but yano, you just have to get yourself through it, you just have to knuckle down, cause at the end of the day if you're just gonna sit there and sulk you're not gonna get anything out of it so you just have to train as hard as you can and get as fit as you can cause you never know who's going to come to a game, who's gonna come and watch, and come and ask questions about why you're not involved and stuff".

Is that though?: "It is at times, it's not so much the training and stuff, it's the other stuff that happened off the training field that kinda gets you...worked up tbh, but that's my personal problems that I had there, other than that it's a fantastic club there. I didn't want to leave, and when I got told that i was being put on the transfer list at the end of last season I was quite, well yano, why. I wanted to come back from my loan, which was horrific at Millwall, yano I never got a fair chance there and it just went from bad to worse, but I came back and I said to him, 'I'm glad to be back and I can't wait till next season'. Next thing yano, the manager didn't even come and tell me an yano, the Chief Executive told my representatives 'just to let you know, there's a press release and Nathan's on the transfer list', and that's how I found out".

He also went on to say that he had two operations on his groin in his first season, and the first one went wrong, hence the second operation was needed. He doesn't know why he was dropped, he never stopped trying, he's glad to be at Blackpool etc...

2 hours in... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01f1pgw

When you are injured the team functions without you. If it is long term it moves on past you.

All the players who were going into the last year of their contract were told they would be transfer listed. Tyson was but one of several. They would all get the same treatment since they were no longer seen as part of the squad. Grow up Tye - it's how football works

I don't like it, seems rude when there really is no point - why not sit the lad down and explain to him the situation, takes about 5 minutes.

Didn't have Clough down as a coward but this situations just smacks of it.

Doesn't do anything at all to change my opinion on Clough but, just seems lazy and cowardly to me. 

I don't think Clough us a coward, it's just rude. Strikes me more of an attitude of "if you're not in my plans then I'm not going to give you the time of day." Seems that way with any player who suddenly isn't in first team plans. They're cut out and not even given the time of day.

It all just seems odd and another example of unprofessionalism in my eyes.

Am I getting this wrong or is this just another example of taking something and pulling our manager apart.

I said earlier that I liked Nathan Tyson, I liked him cos he realised he'd not had teh greatest of times with us but that he was leaving with best wishes and not too many of us having a dig at him for contributing less than feck all despite being one of our highest paid players.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US knew that Tyson was availalble and that we were looking to off load him, it's been like that since the end of last season.  The list of 7 available players was put online in May or June.

I'm not sure how clear he needs to make it,we weren't in his plans and he wasn't in ours. Nathan asked to move, just because he got to Milwall and it didn't work out for him, then he comes back and tells everybody he's pleased to be back and ready to crack on?

"I didn't get a fair chance at Milwall"

"I didn't play where I wanted to play at Forest"

"the manager at Derby didn't tell me why i wasn't playing"

It's not my fault, ever, it's everyone else for not pciking me.......

How about this Nath, you weren't given a fair chance because you weren't available for 75% of the time. No more no less. 

Sorry but the cowardice here is from Nathan Tyson. If you wanted to be here so badly, don't feck off on loan the first sign that things are not working out. Don't try to kick a manager who made you his key signing and who took so much flak for doing so it's not true. Was it Nigels fault you couldnt kick a ball while you were here?

We paid his wages for 12 months when he did nothing, we kept putting him in the squad the second he was fit enough to walk, then before he's played 10 games in a row he's whining that he should be first choice and if he's not he's got to go out on loan.

I'll say it again and I'll keep saying it till I'm blue in the face. He wanted to leave, he didn't think he owed us anything at all for the lost year as far as I'm concerned now he's bang out of order.

Weird that in that interview he didn't mention that he'd been paid a fortune to not be able to kick a ball for us or that for long periods of time here, he'd totally lost his bottle.

On contribution alone he should have been got rid of last year.

Very disappointing that someone who has made very little contribution to our club seeks this kind of attention after he's gone.

Anyway I'm sure now he's out and he's got a proper manager, we'll see him play 40 odd games up front banging in the goals for fun.

Watch this space.

I don't like it, seems rude when there really is no point - why not sit the lad down and explain to him the situation, takes about 5 minutes.

Didn't have Clough down as a coward but this situations just smacks of it.

Doesn't do anything at all to change my opinion on Clough but, just seems lazy and cowardly to me. 

Cowardly!!! are you serious? SR spoke to his agent (that is what the agent is paid for), before it went to press. Tyson is a nice guy but it seems from his interview that he likes a good whinge. The club have had nothing from their investment in him. He is feeling naff because he didn't want to leave Derby - I bet he didn't.

Cowardly!!! are you serious? SR spoke to his agent (that is what the agent is paid for), before it went to press. Tyson is a nice guy but it seems from his interview that he likes a good whinge. The club have had nothing from their investment in him. He is feeling naff because he didn't want to leave Derby - I bet he didn't.

Still, doesn't take much to sit down with someone - doesn't change my opinion on him at all, but id of preferred to hear 'yeah the manager sat me down, told me the situation...etc' 

SOD got sacked by a letter from the owners, as did a few others at Forest - no communication just a letter in the post, I was mortified by the lack of professionalism and lack of respect. I see something similar here, if this was a forest player there would be an utterly different reaction 'billy has always been a ****...etc' 

This wouldn't have took long, it's not a big deal and should have been dealt with more respectfully - like I said, not a big deal but me personally I would have done it completely differently and maybe it's just me 'thats football' isn't good enough - everyone is human.

Be interesting to see Nigel's comments later

@SNicholsonDT: At Derby's training ground interviewing manager Nigel Clough. Topics: transfer window, loans. centre-backs, Tyson #dcfc #dcfcfans

@SNicholson just confirmed on Twitter that Tyson's comments were discussed and addressed in the interview by NC

I'd be amazed if NC says anything other than Nathan asked to leave on loan and once it was clear he didn't want to work for his place in the team we had no option but to let him go. We then signed Russell and Martin on top of Sammon and Ward and it's nothing personal but Nathan wasn't going to play, we tried our best to be fair and to help him get fixed up even giving him away for free wasn't easy. As for the comments? Nathan is entitled to his opinion of course and I wish him well for the future.

I actually hope he's 100% honest.I'd love it if he came out and said Tyson was his biggest mistake and he was relieved to get him out but I can't see anything other than a standard diplomatic answer.

@SNicholson just confirmed on Twitter that Tyson's comments were discussed and addressed in the interview by NC

Is it just me that couldn't give two stuffs about this? I'd be interested if he'd been of any use. However, it's not that long ago that many folks were taking the mick. There was talk about getting shirts confirming the fact they they had actually seen him play - or even score! Why the fuss now?

is it  just me that wishes there would be some camera phone video of clough having a beer whinging about some of the players and telling the truth about what he thinks!

made a mistake on tyson, but what a ***** he turned out to be. 

wish I had more money to spend but im trying to do my best for the club, 

blah blah blah 

Is it just me that couldn't give two stuffs about this? I'd be interested if he'd been of any use. However, it's not that long ago that many folks were taking the mick. There was talk about getting shirts confirming the fact they they had actually seen him play - or even score! Why the fuss now?

because a bit of gossip sells papers

Archived