Sam Rush ambition of the club

kenzzo

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm skeptical. You can change the name of a contact to anything you like. Doesn't prove anything. And how the eff did Warnock's name make that list?

that's up to you. Appleby also gives out business cards, and they have his number on. I witnessed him give it to about 10 people who came to moan at him before Sheffield Wednesday game last season, even the old granny who told him off for selling 'JOHN Shackell'!

Thanks for that Green Ram.

I've got to say - although not exactly a massive GSE fan, I really do respect the efforts they go to communicate with the fans. I wonder how many similarly sized clubs are prepared to have such frank discussions with their fans. Particularly after such a demoralising home defeat.

I think it also helps to put us in the picture re the lack of a CB signing and that the Brayford money is being reinvested (with some left over to spend). As for Baptiste demanding 20k a week - that's just utterly ridiculous, is there anyone on this forum who would seriously sanction paying that money? And Roger Johnson is cack - ask any Wolves fans about him & you'll be surprised by the vitriol.

Finally, hearing that Nigel was devastated after the Burnley defeat helps remind me why I want him to succeed so badly. He's one of us. Hope he's enjoyed his away trips this week as much as we have. Keep up the good work fella.

rather than starting a new thread - I'll stick this in here. Not seen it mentioned but there is a report from last week's fan forum with Sam Rush here

http://www.derbycountyblog.com/guest-post-your-90-minutes-fans-forum-with-sam-rush-thurs-12-september/

Nothing to revelatory, but some interesting bits

Thanks Greenram, it's good to read interesting perspectives about various topics.

As for music, my votes for Dam Busters when the team come out but no goal music at all.

I assume that the bit of the text with the list of available managers was written by Mostyn not Appleby?

Let me have a think - if I was a miilionaire owner of a football club and I had some moaning sod telling me Clough was rubbish and texting me a mindless list of available managers, would I

a) politely thank him for his time and then delete it

or

b) panic and realise that i'm an idiot to have not seen how right this random fan is, Sack Nigel and give the job to Warnock

Baptiste has done well for himself eh?

And Tyson.

The Tyson transfer was a massive fook up. Should have never bought him. He was exactly what many expected. Except a nice bloke. I didnt know he was so nice tbf.

That Smith deal seems pricey. 6 figures for him and we pay all his wages? How much would he be to buy?!?

Baptiste has done well for himself eh?

And Tyson.

The Tyson transfer was a massive fook up. Should have never bought him. He was exactly what many expected. Except a nice bloke. I didnt know he was so nice tbf.

That Smith deal seems pricey. 6 figures for him and we pay all his wages? How much would he be to buy?!?

Highly rate by Spurs and can see why - he looks a good player, but does seem like money down the drain somewhat.

He'll be on half decent money and 6 figures (arguments sake, say 200k) think he was probably the best we could have brought in, with that sort of budget but there is nothing at the end of it for us.

That text is class.

If Neil Warnock was named Derby manager I'd be in absolute tears - enough for me to stop going  :lol:

OKay, so I assume you're happy to stagnate in mid table forever? People like you, happy to accept dross, are what's killing my club! Warnock is proven and the fact he didn't do it at Leeds make him even better for me!

I assume that the bit of the text with the list of available managers was written by Mostyn not Appleby?

Let me have a think - if I was a miilionaire owner of a football club and I had some moaning sod telling me Clough was rubbish and texting me a mindless list of available managers, would I

a) politely thank him for his time and then delete it

or

b) panic and realise that i'm an idiot to have not seen how right this random fan is, Sack Nigel and give the job to Warnock

Yes, it was a list in the middle of a conversation. Believe it or not, he does ask people for their opinion, but even I'm not deluded enough to believe he's going to react to my opinion alone. Besides, as he responded, the board will take those decisions as a group and nothing will be kneejerk reaction.

I don't care how hard it is for you to believe, but I have several emails that Appleby has started off, and yes, he's gloated after some good results, a bit like some here, and has groaned and admitted when things (he's diplomatically) described as 'not ideal'.

As for your opinion of Warnock, shall we compare his record against Clough's??? No I didn't think so!

Some Spurs fans think he should be in their first team!

What's in it for us? I guess the main thing is that if he gets injured, we send him back and get someone else in. I was surprised though. I could understand a loanee at CB while we wait for Barker & O'Brien but Freeman is either first choice or he isn't. If he's the long term Brayford replacement then he needs to be playing to get experience. If Smith keeps his place all season then Freeman won't have come on any

Some Spurs fans think he should be in their first team!

What's in it for us? I guess the main thing is that if he gets injured, we send him back and get someone else in. I was surprised though. I could understand a loanee at CB while we wait for Barker & O'Brien but Freeman is either first choice or he isn't. If he's the long term Brayford replacement then he needs to be playing to get experience. If Smith keeps his place all season then Freeman won't have come on any

Freeman may be the long term replacement for Brayford but playing him just to get experience isn't going to help us get results. Which do you want - results or players just playing to get experience?

OKay, so I assume you're happy to stagnate in mid table forever? People like you, happy to accept dross, are what's killing my club! Warnock is proven and the fact he didn't do it at Leeds make him even better for me!

Proven? so is ian dowie.. and I wouldn't want him either.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/313713/Leeds-0-Derby-2-Angry-Neil-Warnock-up-for-a-clearout

“I told Nigel [Clough] to enjoy it because he won’t come up against a Leeds or Neil Warnock team like that again.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/388659/Leeds-1-Derby-2-It-s-all-over-for-Neil-Warnock

“I don’t see myself being in charge next weekend. It would appease everybody if they brought someone in. That’s got to be the best way. I’ve done the best I can. It doesn’t need major surgery, just two or three quality players.

absolutely brilliant - from telling Clough to enjoy the win over his leeds side the year before, to being the reason he was sacked! couldn't be any better for me!

not to mention his affiliation with players like Michael Brown, Michael Tonge...etc these low quality work-horse players that is credited to Nigel Clough is a lot worse under Warnock, along with his gritty, horrible football that he brands himself with.

I don't like him, I don't like his tactics, don't like his transfer dealings and really don't want him at the club.

If we sacked Clough, and replaced him with Warncok I would stop going and fight like buggery to stop it from happening. 

pretty sure Michael Tonge played here for Nigel Clough! lol

Yeah, on loan during a rough period.

The type of football played under a Warnock side is awful, and it's always been the same - okay he knows how to GRIND out results, but limits players to their raw and sole purpose of objects.

I'd prefer to bring in a manager that can work with young players, and get the best out of young players.. infact I would like a manager like Clough, so for me.. why not clough? but I can see why other people want results>performances but if we were going down that route, why not Tony Pulis? 

Yeah, on loan during a rough period.

The type of football played under a Warnock side is awful, and it's always been the same - okay he knows how to GRIND out results, but limits players to their raw and sole purpose of objects.

I'd prefer to bring in a manager that can work with young players, and get the best out of young players.. infact I would like a manager like Clough, so for me.. why not clough? but I can see why other people want results>performances but if we were going down that route, why not Tony Pulis? 

nonsense! His QPR side played some amazing football!

Archived