Sam Rush ambition of the club

kenzzo

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say that I think the support levels are still really good considering what has ...or actually hasn't happened at the club over the past 5 years!

Perhaps they should look for ways of enticing the fans by having something to get excited about rather than the same old same old.

I think the fans have shown they do stick by the team..even if the numbers have dropped over the last couple of years...understandable for many reasons.

We all want success, put a top 6 side on the pitch and PP will be full to bursting.

After years of mediocrity, people have other choices to make with their time.

Who enjoyed it yesterday? I had a ***** time and it's ruined my weekend. Where's the incentive to want to go next time?

It's entertainment. Stick a good show on and people will come. We're being fed Cannon and Ball at the Winter Gardens and we want Frankie Boyle at the Apollo.

I totally agree. I don't think even Sam Rush would come out and criticise the fans for not turning up. If the club give the fans some sense of positive intent then they've got a right to expect attendances to rise. Until then they can expect them to decline.

Disposable income is squeezed and people have to make choices.

I must say that I think the support levels are still really good considering what has ...or actually hasn't happened at the club over the past 5 years!

Perhaps they should look for ways of enticing the fans by having something to get excited about rather than the same old same old.

I think the fans have shown they do stick by the team..even if the numbers have dropped over the last couple of years...understandable for many reasons.

Totally agree.

Leicester with all their supposed ambition & heavy financial backing get less than us. Leeds & Sheffield Wednesday - 2 big clubs in much bigger cities than Derby get similar or lesser gates than us. Only Brighton consistently are getting larger crowds than us & that's more to do with the fact these are golden years for them after decades in the lower leagues & the new stadium effect.

We have a sizeable hardcore of fans & its one thing we are universally known for throughout the country.

The club have shot themselves in the foot with the multiple pricing structure. It has cost them dear in lost season ticket money.  And this results in lower attendances .  Many fans who habitually bought season tickets and attended games are now hand-picking one-off fixtures . The difference on a match by match basis is soon obliterated if for some reason a season ticket is unused. on a few occasions. 

Hopefully he'd say its in line with a club who's ground has only been 2/3s full for the first 3 home games.

which is a direct result of the way the club has been run in the last 5 years; I would rather hope that they were thinking of ways to fill that missing third.

however they appear more than happy to be running at them attendances.

The club have shot themselves in the foot with the multiple pricing structure. It has cost them dear in lost season ticket money. And this results in lower attendances . Many fans who habitually bought season tickets and attended games are now hand-picking one-off fixtures . The difference on a match by match basis is soon obliterated if for some reason a season ticket is unused. on a few occasions.

Yet last season there were massive savings made when comparing season tickets to match by match tickets.

G Star has got a point. Why should the board show more ambition that the fans?

What an absolutely disgusting attitude to have towards Derby fans!! Are you on the payroll at the club? Marketing perhaps?

Have you forgotten 4 years of misleading promises of investment and quality players, 'Barker-type fees' and being 'competitive' in this league? or are you just ignorant and trying to antagonise fans?

Many fans said 3 seasons ago that they felt the club had ripped them off, yet the reaction of the club was one of "next transfer window", then every transfer window comes along and I'd say 90% of fans have felt decidedly underwhelmed or even conned yet again.

After many threats from fan to stay away, the club has carried on with playing on the loyalty of the fans and now, lo and behold, fans are picking their games carefully, and fair play to them.

Fans are CUSTOMERS, if you was a customer in any other customer-reliant business, you'd stay away if you felt unimportant, disregarded, conned, ripped-off...etc etc etc. You know the point I'm trying to make. Just shocks me that someone so obviously intelligent can post something so ignorantly idiotic, don't ever go into business if that's your genuine thought on the matter!

Archived