Sam Rush ambition of the club

kenzzo

May i just point out what sam said on th e1st of agust

Derby County chief executive Sam Rush tells BBC East Midlands Today that the club are looking "really strong" for the new Championship season and says he is excited by manager Nigel Clough's summer transfer activity.

He must be jokeing

It's still early in the season, BUT there will come a point where the chairman's pre-season statements will either be exposed as delusional and/or lies and therefore he will have to sack the manager or walk himself.

So there's a question - if things aren't working out by xmas would you rather the owners went or Nigel went?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still early in the season, BUT there will come a point where the chairman's pre-season statements will either be exposed as delusional and/or lies and therefore he will have to sack the manager or walk himself.

So there's a question - if things aren't working out by xmas would you rather the owners went or Nigel went?

both if i am truthful

Our fans didn't turn out last year at PP to watch one of the best teams at home in the division play... I don't think they'd come back in their droves even if we did mount a push. 

We had the 5th best home record last year.

We had the 3rd best home attendance in the league. Talking Derby fans down to make a non-point?

Great support from our boys last year.

I suppose we moaned too much, didn't buy enough baltis and our songs weren't original enough though?

With a promotion push we'd be either be the 2nd or highest attended club in this league.

We all want success, put a top 6 side on the pitch and PP will be full to bursting.After years of mediocrity, people have other choices to make with their time.Who enjoyed it yesterday? I had a ***** time and it's ruined my weekend. Where's the incentive to want to go next time?It's entertainment. Stick a good show on and people will come. We're being fed Cannon and Ball at the Winter Gardens and we want Frankie Boyle at the Apollo.

I saw Frankie Boyle at the Apollo a few years ago, it was an even bigger let down than Saturday's fiasco. That's not to say I'm happy with Cannon and Ball.

We had the 3rd best home attendance in the league. Talking Derby fans down to make a non-point?

I suppose we moaned too much, didn't buy enough baltis and our songs weren't original enough though?

With a promotion push we'd be either be the 2nd or highest attended club in this league.

We also have some of the lowest season ticket prices around...now that they've gone up yet more 'fans' have disappeared.

Our income is not great enough to cover our expenses, so no matter how great we think we are as fans and how big we think our club is, things are not going to change until a sugar daddy walks through the front door or we get to the premier league.

We also have some of the lowest season ticket prices around...now that they've gone up yet more 'fans' have disappeared.

Our income is not great enough to cover our expenses, so no matter how great we think we are as fans and how big we think our club is, things are not going to change until a sugar daddy walks through the front door or we get to the premier league.

What club does have an income from gate receipts anywhere near their expenses or have I missed the fact that most clubs hemorrhage money?

I think we can agree that the owners must rue the day they bought us. Losing a small fortune every year, fans losing interest (understandable), less income each year yet same target (promotion) and no guaranteed improvement even if money is spent. Some will feel sympathy for them, I just see them as failed investors who probably won't get the return they're after - happens all the time. I think they thought the American model may work over here but got a nasty suprise in realising it means nothing being prudent if your competitors are prepared to lose insane amounts of money every year.

What club does have an income from gate receipts anywhere near their expenses or have I missed the fact that most clubs hemorrhage money?

I think we can agree that the owners must rue the day they bought us. Losing a small fortune every year, fans losing interest (understandable), less income each year yet same target (promotion) and no guaranteed improvement even if money is spent. Some will feel sympathy for them, I just see them as failed investors who probably won't get the return they're after - happens all the time. I think they thought the American model may work over here but got a nasty suprise in realising it means nothing being prudent if your competitors are prepared to lose insane amounts of money every year.

I imagine most clubs in the bottom 2 tiers do, the ones that don't certainly don't lose the sort of sums that we do or they sell players to raise money.

I don't think they regret it, if they did, as businessmen, they would know the best think would be to sell up and cut their losses.

I imagine most clubs in the bottom 2 tiers do, the ones that don't certainly don't lose the sort of sums that we do or they sell players to raise money.

I don't think they regret it, if they did, as businessmen, they would know the best think would be to sell up and cut their losses.

The bottom two tiers have a wage cap the championship doesn't. That's been in place a few years now and seems to be working too.

Which in comparison to previous years' attendances and home records shows that despite watching better football and seeing better results at home our fans have still continued to trickle away, therefor making a decent point?

Derby fans will only come out in their droves again when PL football returns IMO.

Did we even sell out that much in our promotion year? When we were top for quite a while? Genuine questions, I don't know.

Isn't it funny Sam Rush hasn't been seen for weeks? no interviews, no crappy webchats regarding the club. What's he doing? This was his time to shine and pull a rabbit out the hat.

Where art thou Sam?

I'd like to think he's in his office doing his job (transfers, fallout from season so far etc). I'd rather not see him pissing around meeting fans in the pub at the moment to be honest. Too much work to be done.

I'd like to think he's in his office doing his job (transfers, fallout from season so far etc). I'd rather not see him pissing around meeting fans in the pub at the moment to be honest. Too much work to be done.

He is only goining round the pubs so he can have  a free pint anyway

Isn't it funny Sam Rush hasn't been seen for weeks? no interviews, no crappy webchats regarding the club. What's he doing? This was his time to shine and pull a rabbit out the hat.

Where art thou Sam?

The manager has publicly stated he is happy with the squad, what are you expecting Rush to do just out of interest?

Archived