Sam Rush ambition of the club

kenzzo

The manager has publicly stated he is happy with the squad, what are you expecting Rush to do just out of interest?

No manager can be fully happy with the squad, if that was the case we'd be walking the league.

Mourinho said his only transfer target wasRooney, still didnt stop him from luring Willian, Eto and Atsu to the club.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No manager can be fully happy with the squad, if that was the case we'd be walking the league.

Mourinho said his only transfer target wasRooney, still didnt stop him from luring Willian, Eto and Atsu to the club.

Massive difference though. Mourinho got his finger out of his arse and went and bought them.

Not quite nothing..............................he's shifted Tyson.....................and in doing so removed his excuse for not spending   ie the constant burden of Tyson's wages ...............unquote.

So will we now get in that experienced CB  ??  or have we spent too much on paying up Tyson's contract?

Not quite nothing..............................he's shifted Tyson.....................and in doing so removed his excuse for not spending   ie the constant burden of Tyson's wages ...............unquote.

So will we now get in that experienced CB  ??  or have we spent too much on paying up Tyson's contract?

What bothers me about the entire thing is this..

What are the owners doing here.?

They came in a fanfare with massive claims and promises such as global brand etc etc..

They then messed up with the high salary no fees paid strategy under jewell ...another error.

Tried clearing the mess up by shipping out high earners...balancing the books on wages and then ....and only because they messed up ...covering annual losses ....by loans! (In a period of economic downturn..granted)

Now they continue to keep the fans engaged with tantalising words ...and then disappoint.

This season..pushing for top 6 ..exciting..etc etc ...may happen...but I doubt to.

They said that a centre back was a priority pre season, then it wasn't...they said they didn't want loans ...now they want to look at the loan market?...totally contradicting .

Offloading players was good in this window..Tyson and o Connor...selling brayford weakened the defence, brought in money some thought would be used to sort the defence-but no , instead a surplus was made this transfer window.

So why are they here? No buyers? prestige- what prestige?make money- err no, the love of all things derby county..must be ..lol

But seriously...are they just in too deep to get out or what?

What an absolutely disgusting attitude to have towards Derby fans!! Are you on the payroll at the club? Marketing perhaps?

Have you forgotten 4 years of misleading promises of investment and quality players, 'Barker-type fees' and being 'competitive' in this league? or are you just ignorant and trying to antagonise fans?

Seems to be a clear dig about lack of investment there.

<Bananas>

Yes,you're quite right and I apologise.I was going to reply to your original post,but the thread was locked.The reason I didn't quote your posts earlier is quite simply that I've been ill for the last few weeks-whilst I managed the odd quick scan of the forums,there was no way I had the concentration required to post.It seems my return to action may have been premature.I now realise that you weren't criticising a lack of investment,but promises of investment that you deemed unfulfilled,so fair cop on that (though I don't know where you get "stalking" from-that's plain ridiculous). 

As the thread was locked,may I now take this opportunity of replying to a post by Curtains.I don't "know full well" that loans are expensive,and I think there's a lot of rubbish talked about them.It's my opinion that the fabled loan fees probably represent the proportion of wages paid by the borrower,and probably invoiced by the parent club.I suspect an additional fee is only paid when you're talking of a very expensive player (the Tevez situation springs to mind).If people think we're paying non wage loan fees right left and centre,I'm surprised they don't also talk of all the loan fees we must have been receiving.I don't remember much talk of a large loan fee for Varney (to the Prem),but some were keen to manufacture one for Bueno,probably just because Glick said he was "expensive" (and of course that could just have meant wages,and I wonder what expensive may have meant at a time we were starting to cut back on wages).

But seriously...are they just in too deep to get out or what?

I think they're in too deep to want to increase the depth too much.I remember Glick saying ages ago that there would come a time when the investors would need to stop putting money in every year,and I suspect that point has now been roughly reached.

Think the penny has finally dropped with them that organic growth will not get us to the Premiership promised land so theyre probably eyeing the sale of Hughes to offset some of their capital outlay over the past few seasons

That's the fear.

Yes,you're quite right and I apologise.I was going to reply to your original post,but the thread was locked.The reason I didn't quote your posts earlier is quite simply that I've been ill for the last few weeks-whilst I managed the odd quick scan of the forums,there was no way I had the concentration required to post.It seems my return to action may have been premature.I now realise that you weren't criticising a lack of investment,but promises of investment that you deemed unfulfilled,so fair cop on that (though I don't know where you get "stalking" from-that's plain ridiculous). 

cyber-jousting aside, I hope you're fully recovered from your illness and it wasn't too serious and you'll be back on tip-top form soon, putting me in my place ;)

That's the fear.

I think so. They patently had a dodgy business plan that has blown up in their faces so are obvioiusly eyeing any convenient golden eggs to recoup some of their outlay. Then they'll probably decide whether they want to cut the remainder of their losses and run, cant say we will be an attractive proposition quite honestly which fills me with further dread.

cyber-jousting aside, I hope you're fully recovered from your illness and it wasn't too serious and you'll be back on tip-top form soon, putting me in my place ;)

Thanks for your kind words-believe it or not I do often take time to remember we're all Rams fans who basically want the same thing.Unfortunately you don't tend to recover from my type of illness,just hope for remissions,and I've been very unlucky in that respect to date.My gaffe was worryingly bad and has taken me aback.I decided some time ago that I couldn't carry on doing the yearly analysis of the financial results.It only takes about 20 minutes to scan through and get a good grasp of what's gone on,but scribing figures down on paper and then trying to construct posts in a way that the financial layman might at least have a chance of understanding is very taxing (especially as I'm a one finger keyboard merchant).I also made the mistake of trying to get everything done in a day.

However,there seem to be plenty who profess to be accountants,so they can have a go this year-I'll just chip in later with anything I feel might have been missed (God willing).

Now,where's that lance gone :D

I think so. They patently had a dodgy business plan that has blown up in their faces so are obvioiusly eyeing any convenient golden eggs to recoup some of their outlay. Then they'll probably decide whether they want to cut the remainder of their losses and run, cant say we will be an attractive proposition quite honestly which fills me with further dread.

I suspect they'll just top slice any big fees to cover cash losses,with perhaps a bit more to chip away at loans/accrued interest.Hope I'm wrong.

Archived