Sam Rush ambition of the club

kenzzo

What an absolutely disgusting attitude to have towards Derby fans!! Are you on the payroll at the club? Marketing perhaps?

Have you forgotten 4 years of misleading promises of investment and quality players, 'Barker-type fees' and being 'competitive' in this league? or are you just ignorant and trying to antagonise fans?

Many fans said 3 seasons ago that they felt the club had ripped them off, yet the reaction of the club was one of "next transfer window", then every transfer window comes along and I'd say 90% of fans have felt decidedly underwhelmed or even conned yet again.

After many threats from fan to stay away, the club has carried on with playing on the loyalty of the fans and now, lo and behold, fans are picking their games carefully, and fair play to them.

Fans are CUSTOMERS, if you was a customer in any other customer-reliant business, you'd stay away if you felt unimportant, disregarded, conned, ripped-off...etc etc etc. You know the point I'm trying to make. Just shocks me that someone so obviously intelligent can post something so ignorantly idiotic, don't ever go into business if that's your genuine thought on the matter!

It isn't my 'thought on the matter', I saw a post that made a suggestion I hadn't considered before and thought it was a fairly good point to at least consider. It begs the question to where the rest of the fans are on match day, the ones who have got an awful lot to say but don't put the effort in. Surely they're just hypocrites? Tis all.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn't my 'thought on the matter', I saw a post that made a suggestion I hadn't considered before and thought it was a fairly good point to at least consider. It begs the question to where the rest of the fans are on match day, the ones who have got an awful lot to say but don't put the effort in. Surely they're just hypocrites? Tis all.

fair enough, apologies for reading it that way. I genuinely know of about 15 people who are 'waiting' to see some intent before committing, or even putting any money back into the club. My own thought is that the club owes nothing more than 90 mins of football for your ticket money, but some think they are owed something. I would like to see the club be honest.

Maybe they don't want to pay ridiculous amounts of money to watch something that annoys them more often than not? Personally have had a season ticket this year, I'm not obliged too though. If I stop enjoying it I wo't go anymore, up to the club to make sure people enjoy it. It's an entertainment industry, if the product you are putting out isn't up to standard then attendances will drop. Simple business acumen

I'm not expecting the world by the way, just a competitive hard working team, owners that can be trusted and fulfill their claims,

fair enough, apologies for reading it that way. I genuinely know of about 15 people who are 'waiting' to see some intent before committing, or even putting any money back into the club. My own thought is that the club owes nothing more than 90 mins of football for your ticket money, but some think they are owed something. I would like to see the club be honest.

if they are owed nothing more then you can understand when the standard is not what they expect; they decide not to spend until they get VFM.

Maybe they don't want to pay ridiculous amounts of money to watch something that annoys them more often than not? Personally have had a season ticket this year, I'm not obliged too though. If I stop enjoying it I wo't go anymore, up to the club to make sure people enjoy it. It's an entertainment industry, if the product you are putting out isn't up to standard then attendances will drop. Simple business acumen

I'm not expecting the world by the way, just a competitive hard working team, owners that can be trusted and fulfill their claims,

I suppose it's just different people have different ways of thinking, and I should learn to respect that. Some fans will go regardless of performances, regardless of how much money is put into the club, regardless of how **** the owners are etc. And that's the way I will do it. I go in hope that we win each game, but that's just me.

Like you Rich, I have continued to renew,

But each year I wait for the club to fulfil the type of transfers that they indicate will be coming in...only to see us signing bargain basement players & lucky dip SPL or lower league players...Vaughn mentioned we got Russell...Baptiste mentioned we got nobody....Brayford goes, the money is pocketed...Burke mentioned we get Eustace...every year its the same..

I will continue to go & support the club...but whether its Glick or Rush they just chat ****...I would prefer them to just be straight & say ...sorry only bargain basement, lucky dips & journey men players again this year...

I suppose it's just different people have different ways of thinking, and I should learn to respect that. Some fans will go regardless of performances, regardless of how much money is put into the club, regardless of how **** the owners are etc. And that's the way I will do it. I go in hope that we win each game, but that's just me.

I will continue to go as well, the club should never take people's loyalties for granted though. In reality it would take epic disasters for me to stop going, espescially at home. But that is my choice and my loyalty as well as others shouldn't be exploited.

Was more the point I was trying to make

I don't think you should apologise for reading it that way...because I should have at least thought about it before typing, rather than just throwing a passing thought into the computer as though it's my solid opinion!

But anyway, you are right, like I've just said to Rish3478, I need to learn to respect other peoples way of life. We all think differently, and the sooner I come to recognise that, the better!

Like you Rich, I have continued to renew,

But each year I wait for the club to fulfil the type of transfers that they indicate will be coming in...only to see us signing bargain basement players & lucky dip SPL or lower league players...Vaughn mentioned we got Russell...Baptiste mentioned we got nobody....Brayford goes, the money is pocketed...Burke mentioned we get Eustace...every year its the same..

I will continue to go & support the club...but whether its Glick or Rush they just chat ****...I would prefer them to just be straight & say ...sorry only bargain basement, lucky dips & journey men players again this year...

"spin" as it's called! Just bullshit to dress a **** situation up basically!

Much rather be told the straight, honest truth but seems unlikely nowadays! I don't think anyone genuinely expects too much at derby. I see clubs like Swansea, west brom, stoke and think how we are at least a level stature to these clubs (without starting who's bigger than who debate). Why can we not be in a similar position to them, that is what we all hope for

looks like sam is another puppet ????

I understand all of us are puppets to an extent in our working lives, rush isn't going to get employed then totally denounce them publicly. Obviously knew what (if any) constraints or conditions came with the job and will work accordingly. In time he may teach a position where he can become more outspoken, obviously not an immediate thing though.

Think he's quite likeable myself, comes across as intelligent, sincere (compared to glick), knowledgable about the game and respectful of Derbys history. Ultimately he is employed by the club though and will always know where to tie the line.

which is a direct result of the way the club has been run in the last 5 years; I would rather hope that they were thinking of ways to fill that missing third.

however they appear more than happy to be running at them attendances.

And likewise our failure to make big signings is due to a lack of income due to low attendances.

Wasn't Russell supposed to be an exciting signing? There were a lot on here like a dog with two ***** when he signed and what effect has that had? Not even managed to get above 24k.

I doubt the board/owners are happy when they have to keep on making up the shortfall in cash every year.

And likewise our failure to make big signings is due to a lack of income due to low attendances.

Wasn't Russell supposed to be an exciting signing? There were a lot on here like a dog with two ***** when he signed and what effect has that had? Not even managed to get above 24k.

I doubt the board/owners are happy when they have to keep on making up the shortfall in cash every year.

just to point out that an extra 5000 fans is only an extra £1m in gate receipts over a season

but the Russell signing was offset by the balancing of the books and the sale of arguably our best defender.

Not that I understand what you are getting at; are you saying anyone who has a season ticket cannot expect investment unless we get new fans? Good marketing ploy??

I also thought it was a loan to cover shortfall? Which would also lead to the question why buy a club that was sold on the basis the current owner didn't have the capital required, if you don't want to invest?

but the Russell signing was offset by the balancing of the books and the sale of arguably our best defender.

Not that I understand what you are getting at; are you saying anyone who has a season ticket cannot expect investment unless we get new fans? Good marketing ploy??

I also thought it was a loan to cover shortfall? Which would also lead to the question why buy a club that was sold on the basis the current owner didn't have the capital required, if you don't want to invest?

Suppose it's the chicken and the egg scenario. My gripe is not with season ticket holders it's the drifters and fair weather fans who only turn up when times are good and are then.happy to tell everyone how big a club we are.

It's ok calling it a loan but there have to be funds available to repay a loan! My guess is it's a loan only in name.

So a full house every week and we could have the £million centre back that would supposedly make us a top 6 team according to some and £1million to strengthen elsewhere?

Possibly, but for the last few years when Glick and co promised the proven players and Barker type fees, fans bought into it and the promises were not met. So I think this is the time for the board to make it's move first.

I've been invited to another "Your 90 minutes" thing in a couple of weeks, so it will be interesting to see what Sam has to say.

It's such a tough job - he has to talk the talk, otherwise he's not doing his job. But  then he gets grief when we under-achieve. To a degree he can't win. He has to believe it and accept that we'll call it spin when things go wrong and we won't mention it when we're doing OK.

As far as I'm concerned it's what he's paid to to - the same as we're not paid to moan about it, therefore we have to accept that we're just wazzing in the wind

I've been invited to another "Your 90 minutes" thing in a couple of weeks, so it will be interesting to see what Sam has to say.

It's such a tough job - he has to talk the talk, otherwise he's not doing his job. But  then he gets grief when we under-achieve. To a degree he can't win. He has to believe it and accept that we'll call it spin when things go wrong and we won't mention it when we're doing OK.

As far as I'm concerned it's what he's paid to to - the same as we're not paid to moan about it, therefore we have to accept that we're just wazzing in the wind

May i just point out what sam said on th e1st of agust

Derby County chief executive Sam Rush tells BBC East Midlands Today that the club are looking "really strong" for the new Championship season and says he is excited by manager Nigel Clough's summer transfer activity.

He must be jokeing

Archived