Coutts or Eustace in midfield to replace Hendrick?

Mafiabob

Coutts or Eustace in midfield to replace Hendrick?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For me I would just side with Eustace, even though I like Coutts, just think Eustace is just that little bit better in the middle than Coutts.

Even though I think Coutts is the better footballer, think it would be better if we went with Eustace whilst young Jeff recouperates! Just my opinion and of course totally subjective! Feel free to rip my poor judgement part!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on who you are playing, Eustace offers more of a defensive option while Coutts offers more of a attacking one. I would say IMO Coutts would more of a like for like swap with Hendrick

I see your point, it's a nice little problem to have seeing as our midfield won't weaken much with either in there.

We have to pick 4 from 6, Eustace, Hendrick, Hughes, Bryson, Coutts and Ward.

As soon as you pick Ward, for me you have to balance that up with Hendrick or Eustace, so I would do Eustace. If it was Ward injured, I'd pick Coutts or even Jacobs if I'd had to much sugar.

I am a fan of employing one Midfielder to step out of the flat four and protecting the back four, considering the opposition and the need to finally pick up the first win in the Championship season I would vote Eustace for Hendrick this weekend. 

Its got to be Coutts if we are going for the win, I'd bring Eustace on later depending on the score.

So do we only play Eustace if were looking for a draw? Interesting that, I thought we won 5-0 on Tuesday with Eustace in the side where we were clearly going for the win.

He also played some very intelligent passes.

If you want to play Ward off the front two Eustace is a must. Ward is going to be pressing higher up the pitch than if we had Coutts, Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick, so with Ward acting more as a third striker than fourth midfielder you need someone to sit in front of the back four.

Archived