Coutts or Eustace in midfield to replace Hendrick?

Mafiabob

Coutts or Eustace in midfield to replace Hendrick?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted Eustace for today but I prefer Coutts as a a player. I don't understand those who don't like him. I think he's deceptively tidy with the ball, in fact I think deceptively good.

My reasoning isn't negative it's just the fact I've seen Burnley twice for the full 90 and in both games their front two and their midfield four really press when the opposition have the ball. I think there will be times when they nick it quickly and when they nick it quickly they then like to get it out wide to Trippier and he'll whip it in from anywhere. For me that's where Eustace comes in. There will be a lot of balls played into the edge of the 18 yard box from just inside our own half, I want him there sitting.

Burnley now are a bit like we were two seasons ago, full of energy and very hard working but lacking that edge. They'll have 8 outfield players defending their 18 yard box as soon as we're thirty yards out and they'll go looking for a goal on the break.

I still think even with the "less mobile" Eustace we'd have too much for them going forward and anyway it's irrelevant as I think NIgel will play Coutts at home.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say Trippier although getting massive plaudits, wastes a lot of the ball by not having too much composure, everything he does is about getting if forward quickly, watch today, I hope I don't end up looking like a total duck egg but 6 times out of ten I reckon he'll give it straight back to us twice out of ten he'll cross it too deep, it's those two bits of real quality he's left with that could cause us some damage.

Brayford is a better attacking right back than him in my honest opinion and young Freeman plays better balls into the box than he does.

Come on our lot, another nice and professional performance today. don't leave us with that nagging weekend feeling of what if.......

10 points from 5 games is championship winning form, has anyone seen how easy our run in is ;-)

so Eustace, who was signed to come on in the last 20 minutes to sure up a winning position is now preferred to one of our better performers last season? Astounding.

It amazes me how people don't see the bigger picture. Coutts was burnt out by the end of last season, running on empty from being played for 90 minutes almost every game until it affected his form. I watched him closely on Tuesday night and he was very clever and never stopped moving and was always in the right position to accept the ball and never did anything negative all night.

I believe that if Coutts was 19 and had come through our academy, people would love him, but for whatever reason, people like to dislike and criticise him when he's never let Derby down. He get's criticised for his crosses, yet until a week ago, we never had players in the box! I'd like to see Coutts assists and actim ratings for last season. I don't know what people are watching, he's not far off being Premier League quality and he's still learning the game!

Coutts for me, then we have 4312 and 442 options without anyone having to play out of position. Nice to have an injury and still have quality options.

This would not be the case at centre back or left back. Are we really relying on Gjokaj, O'Brien, Barker and Hoganson or a rushed in loan if Keogh, Buxton or Forsyth get injured? Very odd.

I honestly don't klnow how anyone can come to the conclusion that Coutts is 'always giving the ball away', unless they count unsuccessful crosses as such but then you could call every player who ever crossed the ball wasteful in possession.

It's a bit like that time someone (not here) tried to tell me that Sammon was 'slow as ****'.

so Eustace, who was signed to come on in the last 20 minutes to sure up a winning position is now preferred to one of our better performers last season? Astounding.

It amazes me how people don't see the bigger picture. Coutts was burnt out by the end of last season, running on empty from being played for 90 minutes almost every game until it affected his form. I watched him closely on Tuesday night and he was very clever and never stopped moving and was always in the right position to accept the ball and never did anything negative all night.

I believe that if Coutts was 19 and had come through our academy, people would love him, but for whatever reason, people like to dislike and criticise him when he's never let Derby down. He get's criticised for his crosses, yet until a week ago, we never had players in the box! I'd like to see Coutts assists and actim ratings for last season. I don't know what people are watching, he's not far off being Premier League quality and he's still learning the game!

I would love to have seen his statistics today!

I like Coutts but he hasn't seemed to have kicked on this season at all, same with Bryson! Just my opinion!

Easy to sit here saying shoulda played this, shoulda played him. End of the day the players out there today didn't perform regardless of team selection and tactics. It's not like we haven't played 4-4-2 without Eustace and won before.

Clough will take the flak no doubt but the players let us down big time today.

You should replace like for like if the team is playing well.Imo Dales should of made his debut as he very similar to hendrick but out of the two above Coutts was the right decision you cant criticise the manager for the players not playing how they should.

Archived