Coutts or Eustace in midfield to replace Hendrick?

Mafiabob

Coutts or Eustace in midfield to replace Hendrick?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm in a minority perhaps but I like Eustace.

You can't compare him to the player who was here on loan for a few games, looked totally out of place (as a lot of loanees do) and wasn't fit. It's an easy stick to beat him with but in my opinion a pathetic one too given the lapse in time, the fact he was only here a short while and the fact he has played so many games since.

Since then he's captained Watford, gained however many more games and is a much better player. When he has played against us in the last few years he's looked a decent player.

He plays a totally different game to Coutts, who is all about picking up the ball and driving from centre midfield (if and when he ever plays there) so to compare them like for like is hard.

I agree with this. Play eustace infront of back 4 (who would benefit from the protection) coutts and bryso in the middle and hughes in the hole. Then you have ward or russell with martin or sammon. I reckon that'd give a good balance to the side, energy in the middle and have hughes further forward where he can have a more meaningful impact on the game.

Whilst i like hughes deep it allows teams to sit off us and defend in banks of 4. Push him further up the field in the hole and he can be our ozil...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't we get someone who isn't close to a bus pass in the middle? A old head hasn't helped "that" much really as it?

Burley, Lee, Taylor, Malcom, Savage, (Lee) Johnson, Bryan Hughes...

Made no difference to the side personally, Taylor perhaps, the rest? ********.

None of which are actually john eustace though so doesnt seem fair to make a comparison until he's played a few games for us

Can't we get someone who isn't close to a bus pass in the middle? A old head hasn't helped "that" much really as it?

Burley, Lee, Taylor, Malcom, Savage, (Lee) Johnson, Bryan Hughes...

Made no difference to the side personally, Taylor perhaps, the rest? ********.

Hughes, aged 18

Hendrick, aged 21

Bryson, aged 26

Coutts, aged 25

Yep you are correct. Best player on the pitch by a mile. From memory Kevin Nolan smashed a volley goal-ward only for it to be turned onto the post from Addison diving into its path in the last part of the game
This is off topic now and just making more upset that it didn't work at Derby for the lad. If only our young talent had fulfilled their promise with us Hughes Addison Hendrick Barnes - nice

After watching the Millwall game it's safe to say that Eustace is the better option if we are playing that 4312 or 41212 or 4312 whatever it is formation.

He got the ball about 10 times in the first half and must have given it away about 5 or 6. However I reckon the coaching team had a word and in the second half he vastly improved his passing. Eustace's interception then led Bryson to go and get his second goal. Also when they were attacking Keogh was being dragged outside to mark Andy Keogh and Eustace just slotted in to CB like it was second nature.

His form on the ball will only get better. Oh also there was many an occasion where they played an aerial ball up top that would normally have fallen to a striker but he was there to nod it down to Smith at RB or Hughes in CM.

I was very impressed

Archived