Derby County v Brentford

Alph

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have on issue with Smith. Three or four times he picked up the ball on the half way line and ran with across the pitch to the place you'd expect the left winger to be.

Run by all means but not so you are as far out of position as you can be if the opposition break.

I was ways told that passing the ball is quicker and less tiring than running 50 yards diagonally across the pitch.

Just to say, hope any rams fans who might have been injured in the car crash on the A52 near the cattle market are ok. That looked horrible.

Saw a couple of rams fans next to the overturned car and a woman laying on the side of the road with the paramedics. Not nice to see :-(.

Just watched the goals.

Too easy for us.

The goals themselves had to be taken well but Brentford were a joke. Especially the 4th goal.

bbc 5 live Mark Chapman and Mike Phelan were praising Will Hughes and they were doing a young England player check up round the games. Obvs he was mentioned, hopefully not too much mind. Only 4 days left in the transfer window thankfully

The second goal was brilliant build up.

They kept it tight the first ten mins but we remained patient and kept the ball and after the first goal, gaps kept appearing.

Hughes (for him) was no great shakes tonight, bryson was excellent.

Bet it's like a library in there :blink:  :lol:

Usually louder when there's less fans

I'm not kidding, I was in my usual throne in the east stand, and the atmosphere was fantastic.

Good noise from the south stand, clapping and drumming. Only the the la la la larrrrr chant to be fair, but it was good. Even the Bee's were joining in with the clapping.

It must be nature's way. You're obviously better at cooking than football..... :ph34r:

I'm good at everything me, just not predictions ;-).

I'm not kidding, I was in my usual throne in the east stand, and the atmosphere was fantastic.

Good noise from the south stand, clapping and drumming. Only the the la la la larrrrr chant to be fair, but it was good. Even the Bee's were joining in with the clapping.

Fair point, I was well impressed with the 100 or so lads behind the goal, they made a decent atmosphere and I was 3/4 of the way down the East stand.

BBC's Match Report is interesting.

From the report

"Martin struck again on 77 minutes before narrowly missing out on a hat-trick when he shot wide late on."

From the commentary

"77:18 Substitution: Mason Bennett is brought on as a substitute for Chris Martin."

Either 'late on' was actually 'within seconds of his goal' or they confused Chris Martin with Mason Bennett. I suppose they do have similar hair.

BBC's Match Report is interesting.

From the report

"Martin struck again on 77 minutes before narrowly missing out on a hat-trick when he shot wide late on."

From the commentary

"77:18 Substitution: Mason Bennett is brought on as a substitute for Chris Martin."

Either 'late on' was actually 'within seconds of his goal' or they confused Chris Martin with Mason Bennett. I suppose they do have similar hair.

No it is right, according to that Bennett came on during the  78th minute.

Whilst it's been great to watch us lash in the goals against weak opposition in the last two games, let's not get too carried away and remember that against Blackburn and Leicester we weren't allowed to play the flowing football we have seen of late. We were also put under more pressure at the back and this led to concerns about our back four. 

I'm hoping that our new-found confidence will make us stronger but the true tests against top championship opposition lie ahead of us.

The league cup doesn't generate real amounts of money unless you draw a big team at home.Prize money isn't paid until the final stages / weren't Bradford losing money by being in it until they reached the final. Winners only got100k and runners up 50k and losing semi finalists 25k last season - no other prize money at allTake tonight's match 10k attendance equals a maximum ticket revenue of 100k if they were all adults - take into account some are kids and concessions( season ticket discounts and 2 for 1) it is possible we lost money on tonight's game.

Good points, although the clubs are too blame for devaluing cups meaning low gates. Most teams are never gonna win the Prem. Cups surely offer a better chance of glory eg Bradford last year. You 'only' have to win 6-7 games on the run to win a cup.

Archived