Derby County v Brentford

Alph

Electricity bill for the ground last night.

Steward and policing costs.

Catering in the lounges (not sure if this was part of the deal and who pays for waiters etc)

Dcfc staff on duty, such as club shop, ticket office, car parking

Printing of tickets

Water bills

This is what I can think of from memory. Then if there were 9k fans there, paying an average of about £8 a ticket, minus 20% for VAT, so you are looking at £55k income. I don't know if there are any rules over sharing income in the League cup, but I can certainly imagine we would not make anything on a night like this.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Electricity bill for the ground last night.

Steward and policing costs.

Catering in the lounges (not sure if this was part of the deal and who pays for waiters etc)

Dcfc staff on duty, such as club shop, ticket office, car parking

Printing of tickets

Water bills

This is what I can think of from memory. Then if there were 9k fans there, paying an average of about £8 a ticket, minus 20% for VAT, so you are looking at £55k income. I don't know if there are any rules over sharing income in the League cup, but I can certainly imagine we would not make anything on a night like this.

The rules aren't as strict as the FA Cup ones. We can pretty much charge as we like.

Unless things have changed recently, each team gets 45% of the receipts (the league gets 10%).

Didn't we lose money on an FA cup match with similar gate a couple of years ago? Which us why limited areas of the ground were closed for early rounds. I was surprised the whole stadium was open last night.

Maybe but don't FA Cup gate receipts have to be split 50/50?

Just watched the game, and I don't quite know what to say - very comprehensive victory built on a very impressive midfield display.

The hardest decision is picking the MOTM, near on impossible job for me.

Ratings:

Lee Grant - 7 - good distribution, made 1 save - impossible to tell if he was in the form of his life or a massive liability in all honesty.

Craig Forsyth - 7 - heard bad reports from some on here, but for me by far and away his best game - was really the only one asked questions defensively, and did that very well - distribution for the most part was a lot better, still a little questionable at times but looked inside a lot more and found a white shirt a lot more.

Richard Keogh - 7 - forward passing defender, found a white shirt more often than not - a few defensive duties but not many, done well.

Jake Buxton - 7 - rarely mis-placed the ball, bit more intensive defensively than Keogh and a bit less precision in the pass at times, so equal each other out - good game by all accounts.

Adam Smith - 7 - shading an 8, very good attacking play but didn't get questioned defensively at all - had free reign on the right hand side, got an assist and for the most part looked dangerous.

John Eustace - 8 - I could watch him play football all day long, passing ability is incredible, work-rate incredible.. vision.. incredible. Started a lot of movements off, came for the ball dropped in some lovely cross field passes. Looked class, very close to being MOTM.

Paul Coutts - 8 - Another very solid performance from Coutts, made a constant threat, came for the ball - found a white shirt and looked very busy through-out. Box to Box did a fantastic job, real good quality performance.

Craig Bryson - 8 - MOTM - not much in it, but had to give it him for his constant dangerous link up play, set up 3 goals and could have been more by just being in the holes picking very dangerous passes, worked hard too - class performance.

Will Hughes - 8 - probably the worst out of the midfield players for me, which is ridiculous for how well he played, mis-placed a few passes which is a shocker for him, but class on the ball and constant option, dropped in that hole but not afraid to come back and put in a tireless performance, technique for the goal was ridiculous. 

Connor Sammon - 8 - Berbatov must have been training with him this summer, that touch.. 90% of the time was completely ridiculous, picking balls from out the sky on the end of his toe and killing it dead - very threatening through-out! could have easily had an hat-trick, maybe more.. great work-rate (as expected) and link up play with those around him, another contender for MOTM.

Chris Martin - 8 - despite getting MOTM for real, he would have been my 4th/5th choice - which isn't a bad thing at the level of the performances. Could have easily had a hat-trick - 5th goal was a great strike and his confidence was there to be seen, made himself a constant threat - played well with the team, great feet.. unlucky not to have 4/5 goals in the end. Praying he can keep it up.

All in all, doesn't matter how weak their side was - we didn't give them a chance to play, they were chasing the ball down as hard as any team would have done and we simply moved the ball to quickly and smartly for them to deal with it - we made the game look ridiculously easy but we made a lot of smart movements to drag them out, the constant fluidity of the midfield was causing them problems and we exploited gaps. Midfield was out-standing, really was - they sat back, parked the bus and we still found the gaps, should give us great confidence for the games ahead. 

Very impressed. 

Archived