Will Hughes January transfer window 2013 rumours

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he leaves he'll regret it when we're a global brand up there with Man City and he's stuck with a boring matchday experience at United.

Hope he ends up somewhere that will help him. Not swallowed up as another faceless loanee by some greedy 'I want club' (Chelsea, Liverpool etc).

Lots of pitfalls for youngsters. Needs to be as eager every year as he was when he saw a chance to actually play for Derby's first team. The minute he thinks (without realising) that he is a good player and he stops pushing he'll get stuck.

I remember everyone thinking Victor Moses was mad going to Wigan, and after a year or two it still looked a bad move. But the first team opportunities he got their served him well and every time i saw him last year he looked dangerous. Now he's around the first team at Chelsea.

Undisclosed fee may be beneficial as it means other clubs don't know how much money we have. Also it's obvious we have nothing at the moment so the potential sale (remember we haven't sold him yet and personally I dont think we will as there are a lot of free agent players we are interested in so we may not neccesarily need the funds anyway) will be what we have available to spend. if other clubs know that value then they may be able to hold out for more money.

Apparently its the wages that is 'stil a problem' so i doubt we will get decent free agents in unless they are willing to play for Mcdonalds voucher every week

People are saying the club are going to sell players to lower the wage bill.

I think this is quite an important point, will hughes will be on a stupidly low wage so selling wont lower the players wages combined as a whole???

Also today:

[size=3]Nigel Clough vows to fight to keep Will Hughes at Derby following win over Leeds[/size]

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/8318316/Nigel-Clough-vows-to-fight-to-keep-Will-Hughes-at-Derby-following-win-over-Leeds

Good news

I love how we make our wages sound so small, what do you reckon our squad is on on average per year? I'm happy to watch a Derby side not be on mindblowingly extortionate wages.

I have no issue with the policies that run our club, on the other hand I ******* hate footballers. Not saying I wouldnt do the same myself if I had the oppertunity, but it's nice to believe i'd make my choice not motivated purely on lining my pockets more and more.

Allas the beauty of being judgemental without remand, great isnt it?

Picked up a paper yesterday (or this morning maybe... who knows... the days all blur together) which must have been the Metro or Evening Standard who said that Spurs and Liverpool are readying £10 mill offers for Tom Ince...

I think that puts a ball park price on Hughes... Ince wasn't any good before this season AND he's 20 already (what an old duffer... probably past it now...)

I can't be the only one who thinks any BIG money, and we should sell him though... I like him as a player, a lot... the best I remember seeing in a Derby shirt, potential wise(that is)

and yeah, if we was to sell for 4million I would be undeniably annoyed... but if we got double figures in millions for the kid, I would say good luck, invest it wisely and we'll be miles better off.

I think anything below 10million and I would be annoyed though.

I can't be the only one who thinks any BIG money, and we should sell him though... I like him as a player, a lot... the best I remember seeing in a Derby shirt, potential wise(that is)

and yeah, if we was to sell for 4million I would be undeniably annoyed... but if we got double figures in millions for the kid, I would say good luck, invest it wisely and we'll be miles better off.

I think anything below 10million and I would be annoyed though.

Thats the only thing, it has to be invested back into the team, not into some stupid plaza. The board need to have a back bone when it comes to recieving offers for him and not accept because they want to 'balance the books' this year. The Will Hughes saga will show the fans what the board really want for the club.

If a massive offer comes in the club would be stupid to turn it down because we could use the cash to spend on other players & also if we turned down a big money deal to one of the big 5 he's obviously not going to be too happy about it which could affect his performances on the pitch & his value drops. There is no such thing as loyalty any more in football he came to us from from forest 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> which I think is funny as now they will be regretting that one.

But put it this way you work for a company & a rival firm taps you up & offers you 2 x / 3 x what you are currently on who wouldn't take it?

Thats the only thing, it has to be invested back into the team, not into some stupid plaza. The board need to have a back bone when it comes to recieving offers for him and not accept because they want to 'balance the books' this year. The Will Hughes saga will show the fans what the board really want for the club.

It's ok calling it 'some stupid plaza' but you have to understand that this is the sort of idea that can secure is a secure income stream for many years to come and it has to be funded somehow.

Like yourself, if Hughes was sold, I too would like to see NC given a war chest, if that is what he wanted.

That being said, how would you feel if we sold Hughes and re-invested the money on a new Claude Davis and Robert Earnshaw?

Will Hughes offered £20000 a week from Fulham, my friend met him in Westfield

I hope some kind of joke I'm missing here, but in case not:

Fulham have just accepted a public apology in fairly grovelling terms from Liverpool in order that Fulham are persuaded to drop a legal complaint against LFC for tapping up Clint Dempsey this summer. This same Fulham have now tapped up Will Hughes in such a blatant manner that Will is talking £1m a year contracts with strangers in Westfield?

This is blatantly ********.

If Hughes has discussed terms with them, any idea what kind of bid was accepted? Has no bid been accepted?

Will Hughes offered £20000 a week from Fulham, my friend met him in Westfield

If no bid has been accepted then Fulham are breaking the leagues rules and regulations and can be in serious trouble, didnt chelsea get done for tapping ashley cole up?

Archived