Will Hughes January transfer window 2013 rumours

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we are passed the days where we sell our best players or peanuts. And before anybody shouts shackell I believe we got more for him than was let on and for a player of his age it was a good price.

Hughes wont go for less than 4 mil in my opinion and that would be with significant add ons. Were in a position to hold out for a good price and were not run by monkeys anymore.

considering our new CEO is the bloke that managed to get henderson flogged for 15(?)million, then i'd expect a decent amount, much more than 4 million.

Try 20 plus add ons (although it varies from paper to paper to sky as always)

derby turned down a 3million 'off the record' bid for bennet last year, off man city ...... so it'll be more than 4 million if he goes anywhere

Don't believe that as Liverpool paid £2 million for Raheem Sterling who I'd say is a much greater talent than Bennett.

Bennett was tipped to become something pele-esc last season, this year because he got injured and hasn't featured much there hasn't been much of a word said.

Go back a year it was Bennett everyone thought was the best, when Hughes made his debut I honestly thought it was off Bennetts success, football moves quickly especially when you're talking about 16/17 year olds.

In a years time, it could be all 'bennett' again.. no doubt in my mind when he starts scoring the headlines will be rimming him.

Probably go someway to covering our losses in all honesty - we would see a little bit of the fee, but not anywhere near what most people will be thinking. Let's say he DOES go for 4million, we would probably re-invest 1million back into the team.

Exactly, and TBH we all know what will happen...

Derby sell young prospect to XXXXX for either indisclosed fee or say £2,5 million with add ons over the next 3 yrs.

Nigel Clough said he will be allowed SOME of the money to reinvest in the first team squad....Clough says in a interview " all players have a price" and Will was no different, and it was good business for Derby County Football Club and the money i,m allowed to spend from the sale i will recruit better quality player to add to the first team....we end up getting a 18 yr old who will be loaned out to a 3rd tier football club for the remaining part of the season.

We all know that Derby sell the young talent for pennies instead of pounds(except Seth Johnstone) and then if we did happen to get a good amount for him £4 to £6 million do you actually think GSE or the owners would let this be known to Derby fans?

We all know some would be given to Nige and he would keep his mouth shut and say the above...and the rest would go back to paying the owners off and paying GSE wages and so on....

We are a selling club end of story.

Undisclosed fee may be beneficial as it means other clubs don't know how much money we have. Also it's obvious we have nothing at the moment so the potential sale (remember we haven't sold him yet and personally I dont think we will as there are a lot of free agent players we are interested in so we may not neccesarily need the funds anyway) will be what we have available to spend. if other clubs know that value then they may be able to hold out for more money.

Well if twitter is to be believed then AC Milan must surely now be Will Hughes's choice of new club...somehow a rub down from Sully just won't seem as inviting anymore

The way they give away players we could probably get Abate off them in exchange.

I'm certain Hughes won't want to follow in the footsteps of John Bostock. Remember that 16 year old wonder kid for Crystal Palace all those years ago, got signed up by Tottenham. He got lost in their system and is now playing on loan at Swindon with a perm move to them looking likely. How careers go downhill rapidly eh...

Think we are passed the days where we sell our best players or peanuts. And before anybody shouts shackell I believe we got more for him than was let on and for a player of his age it was a good price.

Hughes wont go for less than 4 mil in my opinion and that would be with significant add ons. Were in a position to hold out for a good price and were not run by monkeys anymore.

I agree re shackell, and I don't think Hughes will go for peanuts.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if a deal hasn't already been struck and we just don't know about it yet.

In contradiction to a lot of posters, I don't think that derby is the best place for Hughes at all. None of our players are on his wavelength and the longer he stays the more he is going to have to dumb himself down. He has vision, ability and a passing game that the rest of our team do not share. He is a facilitator not a match winner and needs great players around him to maximise his own impact upon the game.

Archived