Match Commentary!

StockholmRam

By the way, is it just me or is anyone else quietly impressed with young Ashley Wilkinsons summaries on Alfreton.

Does he still come on here now, or is he too famous for us minnions?

Good voice, none of this squeaky girly Ed stuff, concise reports and every now and then he even makes up a brand new word.

On Saturday one of the Alfreton players "squoze" a free kick through the wall!! Sqouze indeed!!!

Good work Ash, remember it's squeezed though ;-)

Nice to see him following up with his passion and personally I wish him all the best in making his way up though the ranks until he finally get's to commentate on us.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, is it just me or is anyone else quietly impressed with young Ashley Wilkinsons summaries on Alfreton.

Does he still come on here now, or is he too famous for us minnions?

Good voice, none of this squeaky girly Ed stuff, concise reports and every now and then he even makes up a brand new word.

On Saturday one of the Alfreton players "squoze" a free kick through the wall!! Sqouze indeed!!!

Good work Ash, remember it's squeezed though ;-)

Nice to see him following up with his passion and personally I wish him all the best in making his way up though the ranks until he finally get's to commentate on us.

I'm sure he's here somewhere....;-)

Reminds me of Call of Duty, the whole online community bitches about the current game, they hate it and want to snap their discs but they keep playing as they need their cod fix. They look back on the previous games with fond memories, the older it is the better it was, they forget about all the problems the game had.

Truth is there are thousands sat at home loving the latest Call of Duty but they never come online to talk about it, they just play the game and enjoy it for what it is.

I never felt strong enough to write a post asking for game developers to be sacked. I would curse at them when I was killed by some shitty weapon. I remember hearing that Keogh had been sent off then later I heard Keogh on the ball, I remember thinking what the ****, but whatever mistakes are made.

Not knocking those that do complain, you obviously feel so strongly about this and if I did as well I would speak up.....whoever said yes to that Red away kit needs sacking. Oooops I'm not perfect after all.

Not sure what the point if this post is, I'm just rambling. Might delete it actually....nah sod it I want to hit 30k posts before the end of the month.

There were a fair few times when you simply didn't know if we'd scored or not with Bloomfield - it's like he turned Australian every time the ball went in the net, and a lot goals caught him totally off guard!

Colin and Roger: Blah blah 1975, Derby have the ball in the middle, blah Brian Clough, blah..

Colin: Oh, and, it's a goal?

Audience 1 Yes! I THINK we've scored. Oh, hold on, have we scored? Or was it the opposition?

Audience 2: Who scored?

Audience 1: Derby I think

Audience 2: No I mean, which player?

Audience 1: I don't know!

Colin (after 'the longest ever' 5 seconds later) "Yes, it's a goal for Derby"

Audience 1: Yes! We have scored!

Audience 2: Yeah but who scored?

Audience 1: Robinson I think, wait no, he's said Buxton now. Buxton scored, definitely Buxton.

Colin and Roger (3 seconds later): Coutts is claiming it actually, yes, it's a goal for Paul Coutts.

Well, if you need to be articulate when representing a corporation, then sack Clough.

It's an attack by the English language snobs.

So, lets get a person who speaks the perfect queens English but know nothing about the game.

I think he's fine, if you think he sounds too thick, then you need to get out more.

Does Sir Alan Sugar not deserve to be in the media?

Love the above  -   and don't forget  '  It's alright There is nothing going on on the pitch'  when Bloomer's realised he had been cowtailing to Roger's memories for too long and he had missed something important but knew not what..................

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ed Dawes gets loads of stick on here but his commentary on the goals today was excellent, he gets really passionate where as the likes of Bloomers show no passion at all.

I didn't listen to the whole game though, so you'd probably tell me the small talk was boring.

Did Ed describe our defending as half @rsed when we conceded or did I miss-hear him? I get a poor signal in Nottingham.

He did indeed say " half @rsed" ... Lol

From starting this post to now I have listened to them 4 or 5 more times. Its better..they are passionate and come across that way. Sound like right knobs though when they tell a little anecdote and Ramage does his little laugh. Sounds thick.he gets his words jumbled up too.

I like Ed, he's a Derby fan and you can tell.  Craig?, well, apart from sounding dead common (and exactly like I do) he's not doing too bad, he talks from a footballers point of view.  The two of them together are getting better imo.  I agree with StockholmRam, that little laugh of Rammage's is annoying.

Archived