2013 Ashes Series

froggg

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian Bell was brilliant in the 1st innings. Without him steadying the ship after a poor start, it could have been much closer. 

That's one of the major differences between the two sides - someone, at least one, more often a couple, always puts in a fantastic performance for England. Australia, by contrast, someone, sometimes a couple tops, manage not to completely embarrass themselves. 

Even when Australia were historically on top from the late 80s to the early 00s, were they ever as dominant as this? Were England ever as pathetic?

I'm sorry, I thought I'd start the xenophobic rants off, I noticed the tone of the posts after we won last time.

Boycie

Only 17% of Australians are descended from convicts. So that's hardly a fair name to call them.

The rest are descended from kangaroo shaggers and koala molesters.

That's one of the major differences between the two sides - someone, at least one, more often a couple, always puts in a fantastic performance for England. Australia, by contrast, someone, sometimes a couple tops, manage not to completely embarrass themselves. 

Even when Australia were historically on top from the late 80s to the early 00s, were they ever as dominant as this? Were England ever as pathetic?

Yes.

I always regard the Australians as the most noble of opponents. They play all sport in the right way and have a true regard for heritage. It's a shame seeing them struggle at the moment and even though I would love to win 5-0 I really hope they find some runs from somewhere because otherwise this Summer is going to be a washout.

Can we please not insult the Australians, some of us may have family from there and could be offended or hurt by some of the comments being made by some of you. Joking or not.

When you communicate with them, is it by chain letter?

When you communicate with them, is it by chain letter?

eddie don't try and be funny, I have family in austrailia and every few posts on this thread have recently been insulting towards them, there absolutely no need for it. How do you think Albert thinks when he reads some of the post on here. I'm sure he won't be too happy, and why should he? It really is pathetic how insulting people are towards Australians.

Yes.

Dunno. They never clean-sweeped us in that period. That's looking on the card for Australia at the moment. It's not even as though we've had to play exceedingly well to go 2-0 up. If the likes of Cook, Trott and KP start firing then god help them. They're being humiliated while we're playing at about 70%.

eddie don't try and be funny, I have family in austrailia and every few posts on this thread have recently been insulting towards them, there absolutely no need for it. How do you think Albert thinks when he reads some of the post on here. I'm sure he won't be too happy, and why should he? It really is pathetic how insulting people are towards Australians.

I should like to apologise unreservedly, totally and without qualification for the fact that I have taken the mickey - I had no idea that you were related to Australians.

I will be far more sympathetic in future.

I was in Oz for the cricket years ago and got so much **** you wouldn't believe. It's just banter like we have with Forest.

Archived