2013 Ashes Series

froggg

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spent the late 80's and the 90's being thumped by the aussies now we are the better team i want England to beat them

We should have declared at 5pm last night to have an hour bowling at them

I myself would have made them follow on but thats not the modern way

I spent the late 80's and the 90's being thumped by the aussies now we are the better team i want England to beat them

We should have declared at 5pm last night to have an hour bowling at them

I myself would have made them follow on but thats not the modern way

The only way it would have been possible for England to lose this game after the sides' respective first innings would have been to enforce the follow-on. Therefore to have done so would have been (in my opinion) the wrong decision, ancient or modern.

The only way it would have been possible for England to lose this game after the sides' respective first innings would have been to enforce the follow-on. Therefore to have done so would have been (in my opinion) the wrong decision, ancient or modern.

Fair enough but we should have declared last night and had an hour bowling at them

He's out now we can get on with the business of winning the game

Poor from England really they should have made the aussies follow on the other day

I think the decision to bat again was right, it would have been a long hot day for the bowlers, having batted as well, let them get some rest rack up a big score then go again refreshed. But you were right about that they should have declared last night.

. Why. Watson out already. Root deserved chance to get his 200

With so much time left in the test match and with it being (now) so one-sided, it was never going to make that much of a difference one way or the other. I'm looking forward to watching Usman Khawaja bat for a bit now. He looked very elegant when he was at Derbyshire a couple of years ago.

Leaving a straight one

to go with a run out, trying to hit over the top, swishing at a wide one, reviewing a plum LBW etc in the first innings

Comedy gold

He learned a lot in his time at the Racecourse.

They're not even trying to hit the ball any more. It's like watching the Italian infantry!

Phillip Hughes has popped out to the wicket for 5 minutes.

He'll be back to his comic soon.

Wicket falls...

In the dressing room...

Phil Hughes: 'Stick the kettle on, I'll be back in a minute.'

They're not even trying to hit the ball any more. It's like watching the Italian infantry!

Phillip Hughes has popped out to the wicket for 5 minutes.

He'll be back to his comic soon.

Told you. Phil just can't wait to see if Dora the Explorer has managed to evade Swiper once again. If he's lucky Darren might give him a Jammy Dodger.

Prior misses stumping of Clarke off Swann

The wicketkeeper has the same problems as the batsmen when it's a minefield.

Archived