2013 Ashes Series

froggg

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squad announced, no real surprises. Compton out, Root to open, Bairstow at 6. Swann the only spinner in an attack likely to be Anderson, Broad, Finn and Swann with Bresnan and Onions as cover.

England squad: Alastair Cook (Essex, capt), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire), Kevin Pietersen (Surrey), Ian Bell (Warwickshire), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Matt Prior (Sussex, wk), Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire), Steven Finn (Middlesex), James Anderson (Lancashire), Graham Onions (Durham).

Australia aren't great at the moment but I don't think we can afford to be complacent, our batting line-up in particular has Root and Bairstow who are talented but very inexperienced, Pietersen coming back from a lengthy injury and an out of form Ian Bell.

Not going to be anywhere near as easy as some have been predicting. Bring it on...

Truth be told, I don't normally do cricket but the Ashes isn't just a normal match is it? So I'll tune in for a bit, good luck to the team. I hope they send the Aussies home after a sound kicking.

Truth be told, I don't normally do cricket but the Ashes isn't just a normal match is it? So I'll tune in for a bit, good luck to the team. I hope they send the Aussies home after a sound kicking.

The great thing about this year is that we get five opportunities to kick their butts over here - then five opportunities to kick their butts over in breadstealerland.

I'm not even nervous - which is a bad thing.

Not missed an Ashes test since before my teens but can't afford Murdoch Sports Ashes... Can't even get 5live Extra... Avoid all social media until 7pm for C5's 55 minute minus adverts highlights. Great.

Behave, half time tea and cucumber sandwiches, half the crowd are asleep, real sport? Pffft

BOOOOOOOOOOO........you'll be watching......

shed......

Not missed an Ashes test since before my teens but can't afford Murdoch Sports Ashes... Can't even get 5live Extra... Avoid all social media until 7pm for C5's 55 minute minus adverts highlights. Great.

One of the great benefits of being a consultant working from home is that I get to arrange my working day how I see fit (to suit the project, naturally). I've been working from 6:00 am, and will start again some time after 6:00 pm (with small 'work breaks' from 1:00 until 1:40 and 3:40 until 4:00pm).

I used to like watching Ricky Ponting pull mardy faces, what an arse he was at times.

When he came out to bat at Derbyshire a couple of weeks ago someone shouted "Anyone seen Gary Pratt today?"

He laughed - fair play to him. He then scored a hundred, so I suppose he had the last laugh too.

Behave, half time tea and cucumber sandwiches, half the crowd are asleep, real sport? Pffft

Just like scaletrix, the only fun is when they come off, otherwise the one which starts first, comes first.

When he came out to bat at Derbyshire a couple of weeks ago someone shouted "Anyone seen Gary Pratt today?"

He laughed - fair play to him. He then scored a hundred, so I suppose he had the last laugh too.

He was rather good with that bat of his but it just needed somebody to grab it and tw*t him round the head.

Then give it him back so he could score another 100...

Like a lot of good sportsman, they're c*nts on the field but seem like decent people off it. 

Archived